Defense Against the Dark Arts

Parseltongue

Thoughts

Spells

Fred

George

Both Twins

To say that Harry was excited for Defense Against the Dark Arts was an understatement. If you had asked those around him, they would tell you that he was basically vibrating with anticipation. Which was confusing to most of his friends considering the new professor was allegedly a member of the rumored Order of the Phoenix. Why would Harry be excited to be taught by someone like that? Little did they know, all of there questions would answered after lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At lunch, Harry's small group were sat at the Slytherin table like normal. However, the look that was on Harry's face was far from normal. He had a sadistic look on his face as he ate his lunch. Draco, Theo Blaise, and the Twins were worried, they knew that whatever warranted that smirk was not good. Alas, every time they asked him what the look was for he just told them to wait until DADA. This was irksome, mostly for the Twins since they would not be in the same class as Harry and the rest of their friends. The only thing that kept them from pouting out right was the fact that they new they would be filled in on what happened as soon as DADA let out. 

Little did the group know, they were not the only ones who had noticed the look on Harry's face. Professors Snape and Moody also saw the look. Snape had a feeling he knew exactly what had the Potter smiling like that, and he didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully, the boy had enough sense to keep himself in check. Professor Moody simply grinned, and took a swig out of the flask from his hip. This group of students would hopefully be interesting. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry, Draco, Theo, and Blaise were some of the first Slytherins to make it to the DADA classroom. They chose four desks in the front of the right side of the classroom; Gryffindors usually sat on the left. Harry was closest to the wall, Theo on his right. Draco was directly behind Harry, with Blaise sitting directly behind Theo. Harry gave Draco a knowing look before turning around as the rest of the Slytherins filtered in. They had all started polite conversation when loud laughing and talking was heard from the corridor. The door burst open, and in came the boisterous Gryffindors. Half of the Slytherins suppressed groans, while the other half outright sneered at the group. 

Soon, the thump of Mad Eye Moody's wooden leg was heard outside in the corridor. Most students got out their books, and put them on their desks.

"Put those books away, you won't be needing them," Moody growled out as he finally made it into the classroom. The students were stunned, but did what they were told. The sadistic grin on Harry's face widened a little bit as he put his book away. 

"Professor Lupin sent me a letter on the dark creatures you have covered, and you are very ahead when it comes to that. However, you are VERY behind on curses," finished Moody, with a swig from his flask. 

"So lets get straight into Curses. Technically, I am supposed to teach you countercurses and leave it at that. You aren't supposed to be taught about any of the darker illegal curses until 6th year. But is seems Dumbledore believes your nerves can handle it, so I am inclined to believe the same. Honestly how are you going to know how to defend against a curse you have never see, an enemy isn't gonna explain what a curse does to you before he does it, so lets get started," Moody got heavily to his feet, before clearing his throat.

"So.....can anyone tell me which curses are most heavily punished by wizarding law," he questioned quickly. Many hands raised reluctantly, including Weasley's. Mad Eye pointed at him and he stuttered before answering.