Chapter 1

I gripped the package that was in my hand. Hands shaking, I tried to open it. I just couldn't bring myself to open it. Not here. Not now. It was her writing. I knew her writing like the back of my hand. The only thing was, it couldn't be her writing. It couldn't be her writing because she wasn't here. She wasn't alive.

The cool summer breeze blew through my hair as I was getting ready to get on the plane. The past 48 hours have been a blur. I still hadn't managed to register what has happened. I was ready to wake up from this dream that seemed so real. I took a deep breath, and looked around one last time. I stepped on the plane, getting ready for the adventure that I never planned to have.

I sat in my first class seat going over everything that has happened. Let me start from the beginning..

My name is Abygail Lexington. I am from a small town in Michigan. I live in this little white house, with a little picket fence. I lived with my mom, dad, and my little brother Alex. My life wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Truthfully, my life is boring.. Or should I say was. I recently graduated from high school, first in my class, with a 4.0.

My family was pretty close. But if I had to pick the person I was closest to, it would have to be my Aunt Beatrice. Aunt B and I have always had this special bond, something my mom has always envied. She had always told me that I could be anything I wanted to be. My mom never told me that. Aunt B always made me feel like I was born to be somebody, born to make a difference. She was my inspiration. She had always been the outcast of the family. As soon as she graduated from high school she ran away to England to be an artist. My grandmother never approved of her dreams, but that never stopped her.

To say these past months were difficult is an understatement. Two months ago I found out that Aunt B had Stage 2 cancer. She never went into details, she just told me she was going to die soon. She came back to Michigan to get treatment, and I visited her every moment I got the chance. She passed away two weeks ago, leaving the one thing I promised to her left in my memory. The promise I knew I couldn't break. The promise to follow me dreams and let this summer be different.