Chapter 3

Play the music when you begin reading the chapter.

Chapter 3

I smiled brightly as I approached Allison and Lydia at their lockers, "Hey!"

Lydia hummed and Allison grinned at me, "Why hello there."

"So, what's going on?" I asked, pulling my backpack tighter over my shoulder.

"Freshmen... Tons and tons of fresh men.." Lydia stated, twirling her hair as she leaned her back on a nearby locker, seeming to give each new kid a predatory look.

"I guess that's what's going on." I chuckled, "You mean fresh boys." I corrected her.

"Lydia they're fourteen." Allison told her, laughing shortly.

"Eh, some are more mature then others." Lydia said as she looked around the halls, watching the freshmen scramble to get to their lockers and their classes on time.

I looked to Allison, and she laughed breathily, shaking her head, "Y'know it's okay to be single. Focus on yourself, become a better person."

I hummed, "You're right, Ali. Who needs a hot guy with a six pack, when you can have pizza and endless reruns of American Horror Story?"

I don't need Isaac. Nope, not at all. It's not like I'm hopelessly in love with him and want to spend every second of my time next to him. I'm totally over him. Totally.

She rolled her eyes, slapping my shoulder, and Lydia gave her a knowing look, "Allison. I love you. So, if you need to do that thing where we talk about me and pretend like we're not actually talking about you..."

She paused, "It's totally fine." Allison rolled her eyes while I looked around the busy hall, seeing some moderately attractive males. But none could compare to Isaac.

"But I don't want a boyfriend." Lydia told us, slamming her hand against the lockers beside her, "I want a distraction."

"And by the way, Katherine. If you continue to lead a lifestyle of pizza and tv... You're gonna have a sad and weight gaining life." Lydia snarked, making me glare at her.

"I'm a fairly healthy person, but thanks for your concern." I scoffed, "I don't know if you know this, but I'm kind of the star attacker in lacrosse."

I looked down at my phone, going to my photos app to look through the pictures of Isaac and I. Some of them were us at the diner, some were at the bowling alley, the movies, and even before one of our lacrosse games. Life seemed so much simpler when I was with Isaac. He had been human at the time, but human Isaac was the Isaac I had fallen in love with.

"Katherine!" Lydia called, getting my attention.

"Hmm." I hummed, closing my photos, looking up to meet her green eyes.

She gave me a smirk, gesturing down the hall. I gave the two blonde boys a bored look as they strut down the hall with cocky smirks on their faces, liking every bit of attention that was put their way.

"Brothers?" Allison questioned.

"Twins." Lydia and I stated in unison.

I shook my head, "Not for me." I said, grabbing my books from my backpack.