Chapter 21

Naked Parrish gave me life tonight, y'all. Honestly, it was beautiful. But I wouldn't mind seeing a shirtless Stiles everyone once in a while..

Chapter 21

"I can't believe we're seriously going back to school." I muttered, hiking my backpack further over my shoulder.

"We need to find Lydia." Scott told me, reading a newly sent text, "And we did."

"Then why aren't we-" I stopped, a sudden tapping sounding from the crowded hallway.

I looked to Scott, seeing that he seemed to hear it too, and I slowly approached the noise, following the tapping down another hall, then into an even more deserted hall before stopping at the music room.

"Do you know what a metronome is, Scott? Katherine?" Deucalion asked as we both entered the music room, the taps from his stick abruptly pausing.

"It's a tool to help you maintain a steady rhythm once you've set the tempo." He straightened his back as he sat at the piano, "Something tells me the tempo of your lives has sped up considerably in the last few hours. If you'd like, I could help slow it down to a more manageable pace?" He offered.

"How?" Scott asked.

I have him an incredulous look, "Seriously, Scott?"

"By helping you find Deaton." Deucalion said.

That caught both our our attention, the two of us watching Deucalion carefully as he stood to his feet beside the piano.

"Your hearts are pounding, but it's not in fear. It's anger." He said.

"Huh, wonder why," I commented.

"I bet I know what you're thinking." Deucalion stated. "Does he have something to do with Deaton's disappearance? Tell you what." He laid his walking stick horizontal in his hands, "If you can take the can away from me, I'll tell you exactly where he is... Now what do you think?"

I sighed, "Well, me personally, I-" Scott suddenly lunged at Deucalion, Deucalion shoving him away just as fast.

"Really, Scott?" I sighed, rolling my eyes.

I kicked my leg out into Deucalion's stomach, but he simply grabbed my leg, throwing me into the drum set across the room

I kicked my leg out into Deucalion's stomach, but he simply grabbed my leg, throwing me into the drum set across the room. I groaned loudly as the cymbals dug into my side. I watched as Scott slipped away from Deucalion, the alpha distracted long enough for me to flip backwards until my leg kicked his spine, causing him to stumble. I stood beside Scott as Deucalion straightened his walking stick out, taking the cap off from the end to show a very sharp blade behind it.