Chapter 23

Very long chapter, but I worked hard and hope you enjoy it! 💗

**

Chapter 23

I huffed as I exited the locker room. To hell with Cora, I'm tired of her attitude and so help me God if I hear her saying we're not trying-

I glanced down at my phone as it pinged, seeing a text from Stiles telling me he was leaving school to take care of Cora.

"Thought she didn't want our help," I scoffed, typing a short 'okay' before sending the text.

The dismissal bell rang and I let out a breath, running a hand through my frizzy hair in an attempt to calm the curls. I continued my walk towards the guidance office, catching the eyes of some of the underclassmen as I pushed past the students in my way.

"Jesus-watch where you're going!"

I paused in my steps, turning to glance back at the girl that scoffed at me, I could feel a bored look dropping into my features as I looked at her. She rose an eyebrow at me in question of my staring.

"Do you enjoy having a straight nose?" I wondered curiously, pursing my lips. "Well, a moderately straight nose..."

Shock covered her face and her friends looked lost as they tried to figure out what it was they wanted to do with the confrontation happening before them.

"Wha-excuse me?" The girl asked me.

I grinned, "Of course, I'm glad you realized you were in my way," I told her. "Make sure to remember that next time you decide to block my path."

She glared at me angrily as I turned on my heel, finishing my walk to Morrel's office.

I silently slid into her room, moving to sit in one of her unfortunately uncomfortable chairs. I crossed my legs as I watched Morrel look through her student files, brows furrowed inquisitively as she did so.

"Sorry, but I don't remember having anymore appointments." She continued to flip through her files, not looking up and I faked a frown.

"Are you sure? I've been told that I need a therapist once or twice..." Her head flew up to meet my gaze and I rose a brow.

"Well, unfortunately for you, I'm no therapist. I believe the term guidance counselor is what they're calling it."

I shrugged, shifting in my seat, "Eh, same thing."

She sighed, setting her files down, "Why're you here, Katherine?"

Scott suddenly made an appearance and I gave him an amused look at his disheveled appearance, "Because we could use a little guidance right now," he told her breathily.

She sighed and slammed the filing cabinet closed, "Why are you two bothering me?"

Scott and I watched her as she picked at her nails, out questions on the sacrifices going unanswered as she continued to avoid our need for answers.

"Why are you bothering me when you know the clock is ticking? When you know someone else is about to be taken," her tone of voice made Scott tense and we shared a glare towards the woman.

"By you," he told her.

Ms. Morrel set her gaze on me before looking in between my brother and I, "Come on, Scott, Katherine. Shouldn't you leave the interrogations to someone like Stilinski?" Her face remained neutral as well as her voice.