Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"I don't see anything." I sighed again, frustrated with Derek for not trying hard enough.

We were currently in a spare classroom, showing Derek Lydia and Allison's identical bruises.

"Look again." Scott and I said in unison.

We shared a look with each other as Derek huffed, "How is a bruise going to help me find Erica and Boyd?"

Scott sighed, "Its the same, the exact same on both sides."

He told him pretty much begging him to understand. "Its nothing."

I looked at Derek. "Paredoilia." I stated.

He looked at me confused while Lydia was impressed. Lydia looked around rolling her eyes at the lost faces, "Its a subset of Apophenia.." She further explained.

Scott and Derek looked at each other, their eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Oh my god..." I muttered, looking at all the clueless faces.

"They're trying to help." Scott piped up.

Derek laughed humorlessly, "These two."

He pointed towards Allison and Lydia. "This one kidnapped me and brought me to resurrect my psychotic dead uncle -thank you-," he smiled falsely towards Lydia, then pointing to Allison, "and this one shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

"She's sorry." I sighed.

"No, I'm not." Allison said. "I said sorry to you," she shook her head at Derek, "not him."

Stiles rolled his eyes, waving his hands around to gather our attention, "Alright, come on. No one died, alright? There may have been a little maiming, a little mangling, but no deaths, okay?!" He rose a finger, "Now that's what I call an important distinction." He finished in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"My mother died." Allison whispered, looking at Derek accusingly.

I shook my head as Derek said, "Your little honor code killed your mom. Not me."

"That girl was looking for Scott and Katherine. I'm here to help them. Not you." She told him, a hard glare setting her features.

He came closer, "Wanna help? Find something real." He finished, leaving. Scott looked at me, mentally asking to back him up.

I nodded, following them both. "Derek, look, they're really trying to help." I told him pleadingly.

"Please, Derek, give her a chance." Scott begged with me.

"They're on our side now." I tried again.

Derek leaned in, whispering, "Well than, maybe you should really tell her what happened the night Allison's mom died." He told us, storming out and slamming the door.

I growled my eyes flashing their golden hue in annoyance, "God, he's so difficult."

**

"Okay, so what would a pack of Alpha's want with Erica and Boyd?" Stiles wondered aloud.

"I'm not sure it's them they want." I told him as we walked to our next class.

"Okay, what. Like Derek?" He asked "Are they recruiting?" All of a sudden my eyes turned gold, sensing the presence of another werewolf...

Two werewolves.

With similar scents...

The twins.

"Scott? Kat?... You coming?" Stiles asked, gesturing ahead of him.

Scott and I looked at each other, nodding to make sure we smelled the same thing. We nodded to Stiles as we all turned away and walked to our next class.

*

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Coach asked.

Scott silently raised his hand, surprising me.

"Yes, McCall, you can go to the bathroom." Coach sighed, waving him off. The class snickered, including me.

"N-no, Coach, I know the answer," Scott told him.

Finny's eyes widened surprised and he started laughing. "Oh. You're serious."

"Yeah, risk and reward." He told him.

I grinned, "I've worn off on you."

"Wow! Who are you and what have you done to McCall?"

Scott opened his mouth, but Coach interrupted him, "Don't answer that. I like you better. I like you better." He told him.

Coach paused, shaking his head, "Not as much as your brilliant sister though." He said smiling weirdly at me, I grinned putting my hand out for a high-five from Coach.

"Now, does anyone have a quarter... A quarter?!" Finny yelled.

As I was searching through my pockets I heard something plastic hit the ground. I looked up ad saw that a condom had flown out of Stiles' pocket. I howled with laughter as his face turned red when Finstock congratulated him. Once Coach was done, Stiles glared at me. I put my hands up in surrender, still giggling.

"Put the quarter in the mug... Reward. Okay, watch Coach." He took a dramatic pause and tossed the quarter right in the cup, making the class clap, clearly impressed.

"Huh? Huh? That's how you do it!" He yelled excited.

"Danny. Risk or reward?"

Danny thought for a moment, "What's the reward?" He asked,

"I've taught you well, Danny boy!" I told him, smiling

He looked at me and shrugged, "What can I say?"

Coach thought for a moment, "Uh, you won't have to do tomorrow's pop quiz!" Coach told him.

I chuckled, "Coach, you know it not a surpr-"

"Yeah, yeah, fine. I get it." He said, moving onto Scott.

"Scott, risk or reward. Risk is if you miss you have to do the po-the quiz... A-and an essay! Yeah, an essay!" He added.

"I'm good coach." Scott said, shaking his head.

"No play! Okay, who wants it? Who wants the quarter?" He yelled.

Stiles did an odd drum roll and stood up, making his way to the front as some clapped and some laughed-me being in both of those categories-.

"Alright! A gamblin' man!" Coach yelled "Alright, Stilinski!"

Stiles got ready just as his dad walked in with some of his deputies. "Stiles."

"Yeah, Coach, I got it." He muttered, lining his gaze up with the mug.

"Stiles." He said again, finally getting his son's attention.

"Lets go." He stated, nodding towards the hall. Stiles looked at us, confused, and left the room. Scott and I shared a confused look, wondering what the problem was. Scott listened in as I watched Danny make the quarter into the cup.

"Yes! Who's next?" Coach asked.

Greenburg raised his hand, and Coach scoffed, shaking his head, "Greenburg, put your hand down you don't have a chance." Coach told him, shaking his head as he continued to parade around the class to find another poor victim.

Oh, Greenburg. When will you learn?

**

//Edited//