Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"These are ultrasonic emitters. Its one of the many tools we use to corral werewolves. Pushing them in the direction we want them to run." Chris pushed the button on the top of the emitter and I covered my ears in pain at the high whistle.

"It gives off a high pitched frequency." He told us.

Isaac grunts, "No kidding!"

Chris turned, seeing the four of us holding our ears and he smirked.

Once he turned it off I grinned, "So, it's basically a fancy dog whistle?" I chuckle.

Chris only nodded, turning and opening a case full of emitters. I looked to my right, and saw Isaac staring at me, an adoring smile on his lips, thoroughly confusing me with his constant mood swings.

I wish we hadn't ended so soon. Sure, we had dated for months, but months was enough for me to fall in love with him. It hurt to know he hadn't wanted me as much as I had wanted him.

I looked to him and he was still staring at me. I gave him a small nod, causing him to snap out of his daydream and clear his throat.

I looked over at Scott and saw him glaring at Isaac with a brotherly look on his face. I chuckled and gave Isaac a slap on the back, tensing when I felt the muscles of his back under my palms. Ever since he was bitten he'd gained a lot of muscle.

Focus, Katherine!

"These are gonna drive them to the school?" I asked Chris.

He nodded, "Then it's up to you to get them to the basement."

Isaac spoke up from beside me, "Does anyone want to rethink the plan where we just, uh, kill them?"

I slapped Isaac's arm, "Shut up."

Scott piped in,"It's going to work." He reassured.

Chris gave us all emitters while I looked to Derek, "It'll work." I said and he just raised his eyebrows.

**

I took off with Isaac on my heels. I quickly ran up a nearby tree and back flipped a few feet in front of him, slamming the emitter into the ground, and flashing gold my eyes his way.

He smirked and grabbed my shoulders, flipping off me and onto a tree, putting an emitter in the trunk.

I heard the faint growling of our two rogue wolves. And Isaac and I share a look, amplifying our sprint speed to the school.

While running Isaac began talking, "Y-you know, if I didn't know any better, I-I'd say you're showing off for m-me." He panted.

I was about to reply when I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I saw Stiles crying in a hospital. I felt a wave of sadness wash over me, and I stopped, putting my hand over my heart.

"Katherine? Katherine, are you okay?" Isaac panicked.

We had made it to the school and Scott jogged over and wrapped his arm around me as I groaned in pain.

"Kat? Isaac, what's wrong?! What happened?" He questioned.

"Heathers dead." I gasped, cautiously straightening up.

I shook off the weird vision, and nudged Scott, "Go. We have to do this now."

I didn't wait for an answer from him, grabbing Isaac's arm and tugging him with me as we sprinted away from my brother, towards the back of the school.