Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I bit my nails nervously in the silence of the Hale loft. I couldn't help but worry for Scott as I stared at Stiles.

All of a sudden Stiles spoke up, "I can't take waiting like this you know? It's nerve racking! My nerves are severely racked. Racked." His voice shook and he stood up, pacing the loft.

I decided I couldn't sit still either, and stood to my feet, walking to the wall of windows closest to me.

"I could beat you unconscious, and wake you when it's over." Peter offered, picking at his nails.

I looked at him and growled loudly, "Shut up, Peter cotton tail."

Stiles ignored me, and Peter simply waved off my comment, going back to his silent state.

"Do you think Erica's really dead?" Stiles asked no one in particular.

Peter opened his mouth and out came shit- I mean words, "Do you think I really care?" I bit my tongue, trying to control anymore outbursts.

"I just- I don't understand the bank! Like wha- is it an underground lair or something?" Stiles wondered.

I started laughing, "A lair?" I questioned.

Stiles huffed, "Or something!"

"They're werewolves, not villains." Peter told him, while I tried to suppress my laughs.

"Wait a sec.. Wait a sec. What if they're living there! Maybe it reminds them of their little wolf dens." Stiles said.

Peter opened his eyes and gave Stiles an odd look, "Wolf dens?"

"Yeah, wolf dens! Where do you live?" Stiles asked curiously.

I paused, thinking over what the walls of the bank had been made of. Some kind of marble..

"Oh my god!" I yelled, running to the table at the sudden realization.

It was hecatolite.

Stiles looked at me concerned, and Peter shook his head, "What is it now?"

"Oh my god, oh my god! S-Stiles, call Scott!" I urged.

"What? Why?" He asked.

I looked at him, panicking., "Call Scott! The walls are made of hecatolite!"

Peter's eyes widened while Stiles just stared. I sighed, snatching his phone from his pocket, dialing my brother's number.

Peter looked at Stiles and I groaned at his words, "Boyd and that girl aren't going to kill each other. They're going to kill Derek and Scott."

As I called him, I started pacing, running my hands through my curly hair, "Come on, Scott! Come on, come on..." My pacing increased, matching my panic.

I ignored the concerned look Stiles was giving me and focused on the phone.

"Stiles, now is not a good time." He huffed.

"Scott! Scott, listen to me!" I yelled to the phone.

"Katherine?" He asked, confused.

"Yeah, Scott, listen! Scott, the walls are made of hecatolite! Look, you have to get out of there!" I exclaimed, "Scott, please, get out! Look, it-it keeps the moon out. Scott, they haven't seen, or felt, the moon for months." I informed him.

Peter took the phone and Stiles came over in an attempt to calm me, "Scott, think of it as the Colosseum. They starve the lions for three days, making them angry and vicious. Deucalion kept them from the moon, diminishing their tolerance to it."

I got out of Stiles' grip as Peter yelled into the phone, "Scott, they're gonna be stronger-"

"And blood thirsty. Scott, they're the lions... And you've just walked into the Colosseum." I heard growling and some words I couldn't make out.

"Scott?" I asked in a panic

"Hey, Scotty?" Stiles called.

I heard vicious growling and howls.

"Scott, Scott are you hearing this?" Peter called.

The line suddenly went dead.

I could barely keep myself from throwing Stiles' phone. I sighed, going to give Stiles his phone when I suddenly froze, seeing Lydia and images of a boy covered in blood.

What the holy hell was that?

"Katherine? Katherine, what's wrong?" Stiles inquired.

I snapped from my daze, dropping Stiles' phone into his palm, "Nothing, other than the fact that my brother could be dead or dying." I commented, walking away from both him and Peter.

**

//Edited//