Chapter 22

Chapter 22

They say death is apart of life, that everyone is born, and everyone dies...

What if it wasn't your time to die?

Do you- do you even know when it's your time to die? I mean, all over the world a person dies, but it wasn't their time. Teenagers, kids, babies... Dead.

Or missing.

How could we be happy like we're supposed to be when all we're around is something terrifying, and cold?

That feeling, they say it scars you. It leaves a mark.. A tattoo..

It wraps around your heart and squeezes until you finally can't take it... Two things can happen. It can make you numb, or it can cause the most unimaginable pain...

Losing Boyd was just another innocent life lost. Someone we fought to protect, only to be stopped by people stronger than us. Strong enough to take what little power we ha din our hands, and crush it like it had been nothing.

Now he's dead. Boyd is dead. Everyone is leaving: Dad, Erica, Jackson, Boyd....

Malia.

I sighed again, rolling onto my other side in my bed. A sinking feeling came to my stomach and I ran to the bathroom, emptying my stomach into the porcelain bowl. My hair stuck to my face as sweat seeped through my pores. The sound of feet came to the bathroom door and it opened. I went to look but the movement caused another wave of nasuea to hit me.

Scott held my hair as I puked, "Katherine? What's wrong? It's not... I-it's not morning sickness is it?" Scott's worried voice lowered with his last few words.

I looked up, rolling my eyes as I gave him an annoyed look, "Scott, do I need to explain to you how I'm still a virgin?" I asked hoarsely.

He fumbled with his words, shaking his head, "Uh, n-no. Nope, not at all, I'm good."

I shook my head and stood up; I turned on the sink and washed my cold hands, "Good, because I'm too tired to."

"Katherine, what was that about?" Scott asked me, ignoring my words from before.

I looked down and took a deep breath, "These feelings I'm getting. When someones going to.. y'know.. Well, they're getting stronger."

His eyes held confusion and worry, "What do you me-"

My eyes snapped to his, "Someone just died, Scott. Someone we knew."

Scott's eyes widened, "Who?" He asked.

I closed my eyes, breathing out a sigh, "Don't you think I'd tell you if I knew?" I asked him.

"Right." He mumbled, helping me back into my bed.

I watched him read a recent text, looking towards me as he backtracked, "Lydia found the body." He told me, "You were right."

"Always am," I mumbled as he ran from the house. "Sadly."

I rubbed my face tiredly as I sank back into my bed, my mind reeling over what other things could happen while we're trying to fight the Darach. Someone else could die. We're putting so many people in danger. Too many people in danger.

The door to my room slowly opened and the soft thumping of feet came to the opposite side of me, "I heard about the recital tonight. To, uh, to honor all the losses." My moms soft voice filled the small room.