Trip to New York City

One night at Twilight Sparkle's home inside her shed laboratory, Twilight was looking over multiple computer monitors on a table. Some screens were showing schematics, specifications, and brain waves. Twilight was studying them closely, as Sunset Shimmer and Spike were off to the side while looking at a containment chamber

Sunset spoke to Twilight, "Is everything ok, Twilight?"

"Everything appears to check out," Twilight answered, "I'm not seeing any signs of abnormality at all."

"Well, that's good news." Sunset said in relief.

There was a knock at the shed door, and entering were the rest of the Rainbooms, "Hey, we got your text." Applejack told the two.

"What's going on?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, Sunset your text sounded urgent." Rarity noted.

"Any trouble we gotta take down?" Rainbow asked in excitement, while doing ninja moves.

"Nothing like that, Rainbow Dash." Sunset answered, much to Rainbow's disappointment.

Pinkie looked at the chamber and all the monitors, "Whatcha working on?" she asked Twilight slyly.

"It's what we called you here for," Twilight said, as she went over to a switch, "Everyone ready?"

"Twilight, what're you about to do?" Applejack asked cautiously.

"We're about to meet our old friend again." Twilight said, and before the girls could question her she threw the switch generating power to the chamber.

The girls and Spike watched as the chamber was being charged with power. They started getting nervous feeling something was going to go wrong until they heard a microwave ring sound from the chamber, "What just happened?" Rainbow asked Twilight.

Twilight smiled, "It's done."

"What's done?" Fluttershy asked.

"Behold." Twilight pressed some buttons, and the chamber opened releasing some smoke.

Everyone was nervous while wondering what was about to emerge from the chamber. Suddenly stepping out was the Fugitoid with a body just like his previous one. The Professor yawned and flexed his limbs around, "Oh, yes! This is much better. I can finally move again!"

The Rainbooms looked in disbelief, as Pinkie spoke up, "Professor?"

Fugitoid looked over seeing the rest of the Rainbooms, "My friends! How wonderful to see you all again!" he cheered.

The Rainbooms cheered equally happy, "Fugitoid!" they ran over and embraced their cyborg friend from outer space.

"You're really alive!" Rainbow said happily.

"We thought you were gone for good." Fluttershy added.

"But how is this possible?" Applejack wondered.

"How did you survive the explosion?" Rarity asked.

"Well, I can tell you I was certainly lucky," Fugitoid began, "After my ship exploded and took out the Triceraton mother ship and the black hole generator, my body was destroyed as well, though my head and brain remained in tact. I suddenly reactivated and saw I was floating among the countless debris from both our ships. Without my body and ship I couldn't move or contact anybody for assistance. I spent month circling the earth, until by luck I got hit by one of the Triceraton's ship debris hard sending me closer to the planet. I managed to drift close enough to get caught in earths gravitational pull. With that I started falling to the earth. I made sure to put my brain in hibernate mode so I wouldn't feel the crash landing. And wouldn't you know it, I landed here of all places and Sunset Shimmer found me."