Chapter One.

~O~

“Is that my shirt?” Niall exclaimed, looking at Zayn, who was blatantly showing off the grey t-shirt as if it were his own.

Zayn shrugged, “Yeah.”

It took a lot for Niall not to punch Zayn in the face or to smack that stupid smirk off of it, and if Niall was feeling a little less lackadaisical he probably would have. However, he was tired and hungry- a bad combination- and had an essay to write, so he definitely wasn’t about to exert extra energy on punching Zayn in the face. Plus, he didn’t want to get blood on his shirt.

“Take it off,” Niall barked, stalking to the fridge to find some food. He sighed when he found it bare- damn Zayn for eating all the food- and picked up his phone to order pizza.

He was in the middle of ordering a large pepperoni pizza when Zayn decided to follow Niall’s order, taking off the shirt with an added flourish and chucking it at Niall’s head before turning back to the television to continue his game of FIFA.

“It’s your turn to go grocery shopping,” Niall announced to Zayn’s back once he hung up the phone. The pattern lately had been Niall shopping and Zayn eating all of the food, and Niall was sick of it. “Either that or don’t eat all of my food.”

“Okay, Princess,” was Zayn’s only reply.

It had been like this for the entire month, Niall getting angry because of Zayn, and Zayn simply not giving two shits. To say that Zayn was a horrible roommate would have been the understatement of the year.

Niall really just wanted the semester to be over so that Sean would be back from Ireland.

It was even worse now that they were in the middle of midterms because Niall was really worried about his tests, and per usual, Zayn just didn’t seem to care, or study, or do anything other than party, eat, sleep, and play video games. If he were to think deeply about it, Niall had never seen Zayn pull out a textbook, much less study from one. He wasn’t even sure if Zayn went to class, well, other than senior seminar.

Zayn never failed to show up to senior seminar, which was torture in itself, especially because the dark-skinned lad had taken to sitting next to Niall and Liam every day.

The asshole.

Niall was about at his wits end, and Zayn continued to push his boundaries every chance he could.

Like right now, as Niall sat eating the pizza he ordered (it had arrived somewhere in the middle of his angry rant to himself), typing away at his laptop in an attempt to finish this dumb paper, and Zayn, of course, couldn’t let a chance to bug him slip away.

“That’s mine,” Niall spoke harshly, swatting Zayn’s hand away as it reached for a piece of pizza. Zayn didn’t seem to be affected as he reached with his other hand to grab a slice, and Niall huffed in annoyance. “If you want some you have to pay me for it.”

Yeah, Niall was being an asshole, too, but honestly, Zayn ate his food, wore his clothes, used all of his shampoo, conditioner, and shaving gel, and “borrowed” god knows what else. So, he figured he had the right to be a bit of twat. Not to mention the fact that Zayn stayed out at all hours of the night and wasn’t particularly quiet about coming back to the apartment, banging around the kitchen and bathroom and waking Niall up.

“Aww, c’mon Nialler! Just one piece?” Zayn pouted, hiding a smirk behind his jutting lower lip, but his eyes said it all, the mischief and enjoyment he got from being an obnoxious tosser.

“No.”

Niall closed the pizza box, pulling it a little closer to him, and went back to typing. He had one more page of his essay, and if he was lucky he’d be able to finish it within the next hour, which meant he would only have to proof read it the next day.