Chapter Thirteen.

~O~

“Hiya Nialler!” Sean’s voice echoed in Niall’s room from where it streamed out of Niall’s computer. They were three days away from Sean’s arrival home, and well, Niall decided to man up a little.

Zayn hadn’t been home in two days- since Niall’s temper tantrum/meltdown/when he essentially lost his shit and went crazy- and Niall decided that he needed to talk to Sean because, well, he wanted Zayn back.

He didn’t really even realize how much he wanted Zayn back when the other lad was there because Zayn was still there and even if he was acting like Niall didn’t exist, it was still Zayn and Niall was still able to look at him, and they still argued over stupid shit like they had before.

But with Zayn gone, the apartment had suddenly felt too quiet and too empty and Niall just wanted Zayn back, even if it meant dumb arguments and listening to the other lad fuck someone into oblivion.

He didn’t even care if it was he who was being fucked into oblivion (okay maybe he did but beside the point) because really he just wanted Zayn back.

He wanted to have Zayn’s dirty clothes mingle with his on the floor.

He wanted Zayn to cook him dinner when he was hungry.

He wanted Zayn to distract him while he tried to study.

He wanted Zayn to cuddle him and he wanted Zayn’s soft breath to lull him to sleep.

He also wanted Zayn to fuck him again, but really, that wasn’t the main reason he wanted Zayn home.

He just wanted Zayn home because somewhere amidst the sex and the blowjobs and handjobs he had kind of lost the Niall who didn’t consider Zayn a vital part of his life.

And yeah, he could admit that Zayn was a vital part of his life, and he felt as if a large part of him was missing without the dark-haired lad there.

Which was why he had asked Sean to skype.

“Hey Seanie,” Niall responded, and he smiled at his old friend, comforted that Sean still looked the same and hadn’t changed too much. It was almost as if his life had changed without Sean and he was worried that Sean would have changed just as much without him.

And maybe he had, but Niall couldn’t worry about that now, not when he needed to give Sean the news.

“How’s it going? Three days left now!”

Sean looked excited at the prospect of coming home, and Niall struggled to squash the guilt that bubbled up inside of him.

He had decided though, that he had this chance with Zayn, a chance to have someone special in his life, and if he gave it up now, he would never be able to forgive himself.

Surely Sean would understand that, right?

Sean, who had always lifted up Niall’s hopes by telling him that his princess would come one day?

And yeah, Zayn wasn’t his princess and who knows if they’ll even have the happy ever after that Niall imagined, but if he didn’t take this chance, then he wouldn’t know if Zayn could even be his Prince.

So he wanted to take the chance.

Sean, who could read him like a book, even over skype, was able to see that Niall wasn’t quite his usual, happy self.

“Nialler? What’s wrong?” Sean asked slowly, eyes narrowing to get a better look at his friend.

While Niall had at least showered before their skype date, it was still quite clear that he hadn’t been sleeping well, nor eating much, and Sean could obviously see this.