Chapter Seven.

~O~

“Oh, oh gosh, shit, oh my gosh, I’m so sorry, so, so so sorry.”

Niall immediately stopped his movements, looking up from where he was on the couch, lips still wrapped around Zayn’s cock. They were both naked, and from his still assumed position, it was fairly obvious what they were doing.

Liam backed up slowly, putting one foot behind another and as if it were in slow motion, Niall watched as his best friend caught his heel on his other foot’s toe and fell back with a loud thud on his arse.

His face was beet red and he was looking anywhere and everywhere except the couch, Zayn, and Niall.

The blonde lad removed his mouth from Zayn’s body, wincing as it made a noticeable pop.

If the world had been moving in slow motion before, it suddenly rushed forward, lurching Zayn and Niall into action as they scrambled to find their clothes and put them on. When they were finally dressed and shared a look with each other, they realized they had swapped boxers and t-shirts, but didn’t really care because they were at least fully dressed now, and Liam was still sitting on the floor, although now his head was in his hands.

“Li?” Niall asked quietly, going over to Liam and setting a hand on his back. Liam flinched slightly at the touch, and Niall stepped away, hurt by the action.

Liam had never once shied away from his touch during the entirety of their friendship, and yeah, it stung a little that he did now.

The brown-haired lad stood, still not quite meeting Niall’s gaze, his face almost a deeper shade of scarlet.

“I’m just going to…” Liam thumbed in the direction of the door, turning his body to leave. “Yeah…I’ll- erm- see you later, Niall, Zayn.”

He nodded as he said each of their names, missing the way Niall’s arms wrapped around his small frame when he said Niall instead of Nialler or Ni, and then he was gone, disappearing from the apartment just as quickly as he came.

Niall just stared at the door through which Liam just left, feeling small and young and lost without Liam’s steady presence, and for once he felt as if he wasn’t sure where their relationship stood.

“You don’t suppose you could, you know, finish what you started?” Zayn asked, pressing the heel of his palm into his still present erection. It was as if he didn’t see the way Liam stormed off or how Niall was on the verge of breaking right in front of his eyes, or maybe he just didn’t care.

Niall’s blue eyes answered well enough, though, when Zayn’s dark brown ones met his blue ones, full of unshed tears.

“Fuck off, Malik.”

~O~

[To: Niall Horan 3:23 AM]

We ned 2 talk.

Niall was laying face forward on his bed, head buried in his pillows, when Liam texted him. He didn’t move to reply, though, at least for a couple of seconds, wallowing in his misery and not wanting to own up to the fact that his best friend had caught him and his supposedly hated roommate in a very precarious position.

He knew it had to have been a shock for Liam, hell, it was a shock for him and Zayn, but he wasn’t prepared for the way Liam basically ignored him, even calling him by his full first name.

It just…it really fucking hurt and Niall had been basking in the glory of his arrangement with Zayn, but now that one of his best friends had found out, well, he knew everything was crashing down around him.