Chapter Eight.

~O~

“Did you get highlights?” Niall demanded, looking at his roommate and his blonde streak suspiciously.

Zayn, ever-so-innocently, pulled a lollipop out of his mouth, making sure to show how his lips pursed around the candy and how his tongue reached out to lick the top of it before nodding casually.

“They’re temporary, but yeah. Whaddya think?”

It was weird, the way Zayn was looking at him as if Niall’s opinion actually might matter, but the brown-haired lad was giving him these puppy eyes and Niall thought Zayn’s heart would like break or something if he said he didn’t like them.

Not that he didn’t like them, cause, well, they didn’t look half bad.

“Were you trying to match me?” Niall asked suddenly, teasing Zayn and sitting down on his lap, which was a little difficult because the other lad was sitting on a bar stool but they made it work, shifting around each other until both of them were somewhat comfortable, if not a little warmer than before.

Had Zayn’s skin been lighter, Niall would have been able to see the beginnings of a faint blush as it spread across Zayn’s prominent cheekbones.

“No,” Zayn mumbled, shoving his face into Niall’s shoulder, his lips moving against the blonde boy’s shirt before pressing little kisses against his neck.

Niall tilted his head a bit, giving Zayn a little more access to his pale skin, and the other lad sucked harder, forming little bite marks and bruises all over, littering his skin with love bites.

“It’s okay if you did want to match, s’cute, really,” Niall replied, barely holding his train of thought as Zayn bit down a little harder as he teased.

It was kind of really fucking sexy when Zayn got rough with him.

“Can we just fuck, yeah?”

And then, Niall really lost all train of thought because Zayn was picking him up and moving them onto a bed.

*

A couple hours later found the boys sprawled out on the mattress, limbs intertwined as they panted, their sweat mixing together in a sex-filled sheen.

It had been two days since Liam walked in on them, and ever since he had, Niall stopped with the whole, “It isn’t going to be a regular thing” speech because if he was being honest, it kind of had become a regular thing.

Not that he was complaining.

Zayn was warm, his body heat pressing around Niall’s body, leaving him scorching and tingling in every place their bodies touched.
He wasn’t sure when they went from just having sexual encounters to doing other stuff like watching television, eating, studying, and just hanging out, but now, apparently, cuddling had been thrown into the mix. Of course, Zayn was still an asshole at times- more often than not- but he had this little side to him that was really quite sweet.

“You better be dressed in two minutes because Louis and Harry are on their way over and won’t be as kind as me!”

Niall startled at the sound of Liam’s voice, always forgetting that he had given his best friend a key (he had a penchant for losing his so giving Liam a copy seemed like the best idea).

Beside him, Zayn was half-groaning, half-laughing, and making his way off of the bed, untangling their limbs as he went to dress himself. Niall followed suit, slipping his boxers back on, as well as his other clothes, and exiting the room quickly.

“I thought we were meeting at their place?” Niall asked upon finding Liam sprawled out on the couch, flicking through an app on his phone. Liam sat up, closing his phone and putting it in his pocket as he looked over Niall’s messy appearance.