Chapter Eleven.

~O~

“Hi,” Niall greeted sheepishly, and he blushed at the thought of what he was about to do- about to talk about. He fucking blushed like a little schoolgirl with a crush, but he kind of did have a crush, so…maybe he was like a little schoolgirl.

It was the first time he felt this awkward in a while, and he didn’t quite know what to do with that but he had asked to talk and here he was, so he may as well talk. It would probably make him feel better, at the very least.

“Hiya, Nialler,” Liam replied back, pulling the blonde lad into a hug.

Niall sunk into Liam’s embrace and stayed there, soaking up the comfort of his best friend’s hold and not really wanting to talk about this, even if he knew he needed to.

Sean had called back the earlier in the day (nine days now) and gave Niall the details of his arrival: Saturday, three o’clock in the afternoon.

Niall kind of wanted to hit someone at this because really? Why was this happening all at once?

He had these feelings and then he had Sean coming home and then he had to tell Zayn that Sean was coming home, and yeah, he definitely needed to talk to Liam about this or he might burst.

And Liam obviously noticed something was up because he was asking, “So, what’s up? Or down? Or wrong?”

Liam frowned and Niall laughed loudly, a little too loudly, and it sounded more like a cough than anything, which only caused Liam’s frown to groove deeper into his face.

But Niall couldn’t stop laughing.

He laughed and laughed and laughed until Liam led him to the couch (they were in Liam’s apartment) and Niall just kept laughing, but then, at some point, his laugh choked up a bit more and soon enough he was crying.

So, he cried and cried and Liam sat there with him and before long his cries had turned into little hiccups.

He gladly took an offered tissue and smiled weakly at Liam after blowing his nose.

“Sean is coming home, I think I have a crush on Zayn, Zayn doesn’t know Sean is coming home, and Sean doesn’t know I’m fucking Zayn,” Niall blurted out in one massive, rushed sentence.

When had his life turned into such a soap opera?

He was so fucked, and not in the way he wanted to be.

This time he was on the bottom and by bottom he meant the deepest pit of despair and fuckery in which he could possibly be, not like writhing under Zayn like he wanted.

Liam seemed to agree as he stared at Niall with his mouth open a little bit in shock.

“You have feelings for Zayn?”

Of course that would be the one thing Liam focused on, of fucking course.

Yeah, it kind of was a big deal because Liam knew that Niall thought he was straight and he hadn’t really done the feelings thing in a long while, but still, why did he have to focus on that part of what Niall had confessed?

Niall sighed and found he couldn’t really deny what Liam was asking, so he just sort of nodded and turned a little red and jesus fucking Christ who was he turning into?

Liam, Sean is coming home in nine days and Zayn doesn’t know and what do I do?” Niall couldn’t help it if his voice got a little whiny at the end because he was feeling really frantic and the feeling was kind of crawling up him until he felt like his head was extra full and his chest was definitely weighed down with something.