Christmas ball

The lesson seemed to drag on it seemed as forever. Draco and Hermoine sat next to eachother and didn't really speak that much. Once the lesson was over Hermoine and Draco walked to the great hall for lunch. " See you in a bit." Draco siad as they approached the great hall. Hermoine smiled at him and they walked off to their separate tables.

Ron was sitting along the table alone and Hermoine joined Ginny and Harry. "Hey guys." Hermoine said. Ginny and harry smiled at her.
"Settle down, settle down." Mcgonagall bellowed. The great hall fell silent and every head turned towards her. "Now, I don't have much to say apart from this, the Christmas ball is coming up soon and I need at least two helpers!" Mcgonagall said hopefully. Hermoines hand flew up, no one else had. Hermoine looked around annoyed when another hand was raised. She looked over and Draco had volunteered. Hermoine smiled at him and he returned the gesture. Mcgonagall said happily "well thank you, enjoy the food everyone." Food appeared and everyone filed their plates. Ron sat there looking miserable. "I told him he's not on the Quidditch team anymore." Harry said.
"Why?" Asked Hermione.
"For being an arse hole." Ginny replied for her. Hermoine laughed and started eating. Ron was scowling over at us because he heard the previous conversation. Ginny looked over at him and raised her middle finger subtly at him. Ron looked like thunder and turned away. Ginny and harry were laughing. Hermoine smiled but felt slightly bad. Only slightly.

When it was mail time, an owl dropped two letter's in front of her. One was from Mrs. Weasley and the other, Mcgonagall. Curious, Hermione opened the Mrs Weasley one and read. She apologised for her son's behaviour and sent her love. Hermoine smiled to herself. Hermoine opened the other one and  Mcgonagall said to meet her at her office after lunch with Draco, it also said she heard what happened last night. panic flushed through Hermoine but she kept reading. It said that nothing extreme will happen to Ron apart from he had detention every week and banned from going to Hogsmeade up til Christmas. Hermoine laughed and showed Harry and Ginny.

At the end of lunch, Hermione got up and beckoned Draco over, "we have a meeting with Mcgonagall, about the ball probably." Hermoine informed him. He nodded and they headed off to the headmistresses office.