Ch 9-- Talkin' Dirty to Babe

Connor glared at Evan as he got in his car. Evan blushed and looked away as he set his bag neatly on the floor. Connor scowled at him.

"Get in the back."

Evan looked up, surprised.

"W-what?"

"For real, dude. Get in the back." Connor growled. Evan hesitantly opened the door, pausing when a group of popular boys walked past. He ducked down, hoping they wouldn't see him. They were the worst bullies in the school. "Now!" Connor hissed. Evan pursed his lips, but complied, keeping his head down. But that didn't stop the boys from noticing and pausing to laugh at him.

Evan's face was bright red. He slouched down on the seat so no one could see him. He knew that tomorrow in school he'd get teased for being sent to Connor Murphy's back seat. Why couldn't Connor just wait for one more minute until they left?

Connor looked at him in the rear view mirror and smirked.

"Buckle up, honey, I want you to be safe." He said in a singsong voice.

Evan just sighed and clicked his seat belt in.

Connor revved the engine and sped away from the school, leaving the whoops and cheers of the other boys in the parking lot.

After that terrifying drive with Connor, Evan opened the door and practically slid onto the concrete driveway. He refrained from kissing the floor but solid ground had never felt so reassuring under his feet.

"Oh please. It wasn't that bad." Connor rolled his eyes when he saw Evan on his hands and knees on the floor.

Evan looked up at him, breathing heavily and trying not to get sick. Connor took his turns way too fast and too sharply. It reminded Evan of a roller coaster. He hated roller coasters.

"Just get my bag and come inside. I have a paper due tomorrow." Connor started towards the front door but turned around. "Which means you have a paper due tomorrow." He turned around and laughed, jumping up and clicking his heels before landing back on the ground.

Evan got up and grabbed his and Connors backpacks from the car, shutting the door and following after him.

Usually the thought of doing Connors homework was a wearying task, but Evan loved to write. It's why he was in an advanced English class, advanced writing class, and a writing elective. All of his teachers loved him; they all said he did amazing work.

Evan followed Connor inside, setting the bags down on the couch and picking up Connor's jacket from where he'd dropped it on the floor. He hung it on the hook and fixed the shoes that Connor had kicked over when taking his own off. Evan went through this routine every day, cleaning up after Connor, and making sure everything was in perfect order for when his mom got home.

Evan walked into the kitchen and washed his hands before taking the dishes out of the dish washer.

Connor was making Evan do all of his chores, but he had to do them before Zoe got home from Jazz Band rehearsal. If she knew what Connor was making him do, she'd tell her mother and Connor would get in trouble, which meant Evan would be in trouble. It was better if he just did the work before anyone got there.

He emptied the dishes from the dishwasher and began loading it with the dirty dishes that could go in the dishwasher.

The Murphys had this beautiful set of ceramic dishes with nature scenes hand painted on the plates and bowls and glasses.  Connor had recently insisted on using them, after finding out from the background of Evans phone that he loved nature. That's what he told his mother, anyway, who thought it was a lovely idea that Connor thought his new friend would enjoy it, but Evan knew the real reason.