Ch 18--The Test

After taking Evan home when they finished hanging out at his house, Connor drove to the nearby park. Evan had mentioned he'd go for walks through the trees when he needed to clear his head and Connor thought he'd do the same.

He was just so confused.

He loved Evan. He knew he did. Evan made him happy and made him love his life for the first time ever. He was genuinely happy around the anxious, tree-loving boy.

But Connor knew deep down he didn't really deserve Evan. Evan was precious. Evan was smol. Evan deserved someone who wasn't a depressed, suicidal monster. Connor knew there was something wrong with him. He knew he needed help, but his family wouldn't do anything about it. They always blamed him instead of getting him help.

And Connor couldn't take Evan down with all his negativity. Evan was so nice and innocent, he couldn't even think about harming a hair on his precious head without wanting to be sick. Everything he did now was focused on Evan. He wanted to be there for his boyfriend, but he couldn't even be there for himself let alone another person.

"Hey Murphy," a familiar voice called out. Connor whirled around and saw Ferb leaning against a tree a few feet back.

"What do you want, asshole?"

"Well there's no need to be like that now," Ferb drawled, a sickening smirk on his stupid face. He was dressed for the chilliness of the evening, blue shirt under a grey sweater and dark jeans with black shoes. Everything about him put Connor on edge. He knew there was no reason for Ferb to be out here except if he was following him. Nothing good would come from this.

"What do you want?"

"What do I want? What do I want? Can't two old friends just catch up, Con?" He sneered, walking closer. Connor stood his ground. This jerk of a human being would not intimidate him. Evan was safe at home, which meant Ferb had no leverage. There was nothing he could do to hurt Connor now.

"Don't call me that, asshole."

Ferb got right up in Connors face.

"I'll do what I want. I've got the upper hand."

Connor scoffed but Ferb continued.

"Because I bet you'd do anything for your precious little Evan."

"First of all, Evans not here. You've got nothing. Second of all, he isn't mine. He just works for my mom. I have nothing to do with him." Connor though that Ferb probably knew a little about the situation but if switching around a few key details would keep Evan safe, he didn't even feel bad about lying.

Ferb laughed.

"Right. Then Jared isn't a wimp and you're not gay."

"I'm not gay." Connor defended. It wasn't that he was ashamed to admit it. He admitted it to Evan no problem. He just felt that Ferb would kick his ass right now if he admitted it.

"Sure you're not, Connie. Especially not for your little tree boy." He raised his eyebrows. "Such a cute nickname for "just your moms employee", wouldn't you say?"

"What do you want?" Connor growled.

"Oh please. You don't scare me, Murphy. I just want to talk." Ferb backed up out of Connors face. "Just want to check up on you, buddy ol' pal."

"You didn't come here to talk." Connor knew he wanted something and the sooner he could get it out of him, the sooner he could beat him up and leave.

"So you want to get straight to business. Fine." Ferb straightened up. "Jared is no longer useful to me. You are."

"You flatter me." Connor rolled his eyes. "I'm not useful to anybody. I don't do anything helpful."

"True. You are a worthless little fag who needs to learn his place," Quick as lightning Ferb was back in front of Connor and pushed his shoulders. Connor was thrown off balance and fell to the ground. He scrambled backwards. "Maybe I can teach you. You'd like that wouldn't you?" Ferb stepped closer the farther Connor tried to get away. He chuckled when Connor found himself pressed against a tree. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you." He pulled Connor up off the ground. "Provided you do everything I say."

"I'm not doing anything for you." Connor said bravely, pushing Ferb off. Ferb pulled his arm back and punched Connor in the nose. He moved his head back, which softened the blow but still caught his cheek.

"You will do what I say,"

"Look I don't care what you do to me." Connor said, holding his bleeding face. Ferb was wearing a ring. "I've done worse to myself."

"Aw the poor baby, he hates himself."

"Shut the fuck up. You have no power over me, Ferb. Go find a new play thing."

"Oh, but this is still so much fun!" Ferb grinned. "And I do have something over you."

"And what's that?"

Ferb pulled out his phone and showed Connor a video of a bunch of boys beating a kid up behind the dumpsters. The kid whimpered and Connor immediately recognized who it was.

"That's Evan." Ferb said, stowing his phone back in his pocket. "And that's only the start of what we'll do if you don't do as I say." Ferb got in Connors face. "So what'll it be, Murphy? You want me to fix my wrath on Evan or are you gonna be my little bitch and jump when I say so?"

Connor glared at him, fists curled up in a ball. He wanted to hit him so bad, but that wouldn't do anything to keep Evan safe. It might just make things worse. He had no choice, he had to do what Ferb wanted. It couldn't possibly be that bad, right? Was he going to have to play maid or something or do his homework?

Connor unclenched his fists and looked at Ferb.

"Fine. What do you want me to do?"

"Ah, the sweet, sweet sound of submissiveness. I'll never get tired of that."

"Just cut the crap and tell me what you want. And you better leave Evan alone once I do what you want."

"Ah, ah, ah!" Ferb sang, wagging his finger in Connors face. "This isn't a one time thing, silly. It's continual. Your allegiance to me in exchange for another day of me leaving Evan alone."

Connor closed his eyes. He could feel his heart beating faster and his nostrils flaring. He really hated Ferb right now.

"Fine. As long as you keep Evan out of it, I'll do whatever you say."

"Oh you'll do whatever I say, all right. Walk with me." Ferb strutted towards the parking lot and Connor had no choice but to follow him.

After a few seconds, Ferb started talking.

"All right, first thing, you check in with me every morning and see what I need you to do. You don't ask me questions, and you don't tell anyone about this. Because if you do, Evans pretty face won't be so pretty anymore."

"Fine." Connor agreed in defeat. "I'll see you Monday morning before school then."

"Not so fast!" Ferb called out. Connor turned around. "I've got something you need to do this weekend, a little test if you will."

"Ugh what?"

"You need to break up with Evan."

***

Howdy y'all. Here's the next update. As you can see, things aren't looking good for our friend Connor...I'm sorry.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'll post again on Sunday!

~hamilfan123987