Ch 17--To Tell or Not to Tell, That is the Question

Evan and Connor discussed their course of action in the car on the way to school. They picked Evan's school books up from his house, then Connor drove them to school.

"So...I know we decided to...you know, try it out," Connor said with a look at Evan. Evan nodded shyly. "But...do we wanna...keep it a secret...or do you want to tell people?" Connor asked.

Evan looked at his lap.

Did he want that? Of course he wanted nothing more than to proclaim that Connor was his from the rooftops, but there were many things that made doing that a problem. One, people would look at him if he did that. Two, Ferb and the other guys would probably make fun of him, or beat him up again. Three, Jared would tease him until he was blue in the face. Four...well he could have come up with more excuses, but Connor put his hand in Evan's.

"Hey, we don't have to. I was just asking." Connor pressed his lips to the back of Evan's hand and he turned bright red.

"I-I, it isn't that I don't want everyone to know," Evan whispered. "I just..."

"I know, Ev, it's okay. We can wait it out and see what happens. We'll let Future Connor and Future Evan deal with that issue when they come across it." Connor winked and Evan chuckled.

"You're like the best boyfriend ever." Evan says.

Connor smiled and pulled into the parking lot. He parked in the corner behind the building farther away from the entrance. Connor came around to the passenger side and opened Evan's door.

"Thanks, Con."

In response, Connor pulled Evan into his arms and gave him a hug. Evan relaxed into his embrace and hugged back.

"It's going to suck not being able to do that in front of everyone." Connor says, pulling away. He grabbed his bag, then turned back to see Evan's eyes filling up with tears.

"Ev, what's the matter?"

"Y-you want to b-be a couple at school,"

"Well, yeah, of course I do." Connor said. "I want nothing more than to pull you into a hug, or walk hand in hand with you down the hall, proudly letting the whole school know that you're mine and no one else's." Connor pressed a soft kiss on the tip of Evan's nose.

"A-and it's m-my fault that-"

"No, Evan. It isn't your fault. It's going to take a while for us to get used to this, couple thing. I mean, we jumped so quickly from basically being enemies to being close friends for about a week, and now we're this." Connor pecked Evan's lips. "We can take some time for just us to figure us out, and then when we're ready we can let the school know."

Evan smiled up at him.

"What did I do to deserve you?"

Evan leaned in and gave Connor another kiss.

What did he do to deserve me? Probably something terrible if he's stuck with a fuck-up like me for a boyfriend...

Connor shut his stupid inner voices up and walked into school with Evan.

They separated ways in the hall as Evan headed to his locker, and Connor went to his.

When Evan put his books in his locker and started towards his class, someone fell into step beside him.

"Jared?" Why was he here? Didn't he get into a fight with Jared recently?

"Evan, first I want to apologize, but I know you don't want to hear it, so I won't." Jared said quickly when Evan opened his mouth.