Ch 22--Kidnapping Evan Hansen

(I'm sorry) tw abuse/fighting

*
Ferb made Connor follow him back to his house after school that day.

    Two of Ferb's buddies were with him, and Connor drove in his car behind, following him since he wasn't sure where Ferb lived.

    They pulled up to a modest two storey home with a cute flower garden in front of a metal fence that separated his house from the neighbors. Connor didn't think this quaint house fit Ferb's terrible personality, but he was too numb to really question things.

    He knew he was about to get in trouble. Why else would Ferb make him go to his house?

    They walked inside and Connor automatically slipped his shoes off by the door.

    Ferb's two goons made themselves at home on the couch, and Ferb threw his bag across the floor before marching over to Connor.

    "I thought I told you this was to stay between us." He growled, "I told you not to tell anyone about anything."

    "I didn't tell anyone," Connor protested lamely. He didn't really have the energy to stick up for himself. "No one knows what's been going on."

"Oh yeah? Then what the fuck is this?" He showed Connor the text he'd gotten from Jared, saying he checked on Evan like Connor asked and he was doing fine, even though Jared thought he was a jerk for breaking up with him in the first place. He'd hoped Ferb's program hadn't worked and he didn't see it, but this was proof that it did.

"I don't know what he means by that." But even to Connor it sounded like a weak excuse. The text explicitly says he was doing what Connor asked.  

    "You and I both know that a lie. But it's okay, Connie. No need to worry. I'm a very forgiving person, just ask Randy over there." Randy nodded vigorously. "I just want you to tell me what else you told Jared, and anyone else who might be in on this. I won't be mad if you just tell the truth."

    "I didn't tell him anything, I swear. I asked him to check up on Evan, but I didn't tell him why or anything. He has no idea about any of this, or the fact that you're involved." Connor looked up at Ferb and panicked at the angry look on his face. "Please, I promise it's true. Don't do anything to Evan, I...I..."

    "Connor, Connor, Connor." Ferb shook his head dramatically. "You lied to me, buddy. That's a big no-no. Maybe I should go take it out on Evan, then you'd learn not to cross me." Ferb pushed Connors shoulders and he fell backwards into the front door. He stayed where he was, lowering his eyes, not wanting to make Ferb angry. He was already threatening to take it out on Evan, and Connor did not want that to happen. He'd accept any beating Ferb wanted to give him if it meant he kept Evan safe. "What, you're not going to defend yourself?" Ferb asked.

    "Will you hurt Evan?"

    "Shut up about Evan! Not everything is about him. You're the one in deep shit here, Murphy, not him."

    Connor tried not to let relief show on his face, but he was glad that at least for now Evan would be safe.

    Ferb punched the side of his head.

    "You really ought to worry about yourself here, dude. You're the one who's about to get beat up."

    Ferb pulled him into the middle of the living room and he and his friends took turns knocking the living daylights out of Connor. When they'd finally had enough, Connor wasn't sure he'd be able to walk out of the house or not. Ferb gave him a small push just as he was about to get up, and it sent him tumbling back to the ground. He laughed before sitting on the couch and turning the TV on. He and his buddies began talking about random stuff while they watched the show, ignoring Connor. Figuring that was his cue that he was able to leave, as it had been before, he started standing up.