Ch 16--The Morning After

Dedicated to Officiallyshook

**

Connor woke up when he felt someone breathing on his face. Thinking it was Zoe playing a trick on him, he scowled and prepared to scream at her, but when he opened his eyes he found himself face to face with a sleeping Evan.

He blinked in surprise. When did Evan get in here? Didn't he go the guest room last night?

Connor thought back to the previous night. Did something happen?

He suddenly remembered Evan sneaking in and saying he was scared or something. And then Connor told him to get in and started hugging him. He felt his face get warm, growing embarrassed for his sleeping self.    

    Did he really say that to Evan? Oh god...

    Evan smiled in his sleep and snuggled closer to Connor. Evan's arms tightened around him and he sighed, opening his eyes. They met Connor's right away and he flinched, a little scared.

    "Well hello, sunshine." Connor said, grinning. Maybe if he just pretended they didn't wake up in each other's arms, things could go back to normal.

    "H-hi." Evan said. He removed the arm he'd flung around Connors waist and tried to roll over the other way, only his other arm was stuck under Connor's back.

    "Uh..." Connor sat up so Evan could take his arm back.

    So much for ignoring it...

    "Sleep well?" Connor asked him, rubbing the back of his head. He pulled the blanket down so it was covering only his lower half.

    Evan nodded and looked away, his face flaming.

    Connor was shirtless. Repeat, Connor. Was. Shirtless. And Evan slept next to him, holding him the whole night. Evan discreetly checked to make sure he was wearing clothes, which he was, which meant nothing had happened last night that he couldn't remember. You never know.

    He just really hoped Connor was wearing pants.

    Evan felt really awkward and stared at the other side of the room away from Connor.

    Thankfully, they didn't have to stay that way for too long.

"Connor, get up, it's time for school!" Cynthia yelled from outside the door. She knocked on it a couple times.

"I'm up!" He called.

    "I'm going to wake Zoe and Evan. You better be out of bed and to the breakfast table by the time I finish."

    Connor bolted upright, unsure of what his mother would do upon finding the first room empty.

    "NO! Uhm...I'll wake Evan!" he cried. Evan looked at him in panic, but Connor just shook his head, hoping he'd stay quiet.

    "Okay, fine, calm down. Breakfast will be ready in five minutes."

    Connor stood and went over to the couch and pulled on his shirt (he was wearing pants, in case you wanted to know).

    "Ready for breakfast? Mom makes it for us every morning before school."

    Evan nodded. He got up and followed Connor downstairs. Zoe walked out of her room wearing a big tshirt and cupcake pajama pants at the same time the boys left Connors room together. She looked at Connor and laughed.

    "Shut it, Zoe." He muttered, walking down the stairs and throwing his middle finger up. As he descended, he heard her still cracking up.

    Evan looked over at Zoe in concern as she fell down, she was laughing so hard, but Connor motioned for him to just leave her be and he followed Connor down to the kitchen.