Ch 29-Hospital Visit

Evan woke up to bright lights shining in his eyes. He groaned and tried to sit up, but he was held back by something. He opened his eyes and saw wires and tubes connected to his arms and head.

"Evan you're awake!" Cynthia cried. He squeezed his eyes shut. It was too much. There was so much noise and light, he didn't like it.

"Evan, honey, are you okay?" He started hyperventilating and Cynthia got up and pressed a red button on the wall to call the nurse in. She came in quickly, and upon seeing Evan, she called for a doctor.

"Hey, hey. My name is Trina. I'm one of your nurses. Can you tell me your name?"

"C-Connor." He whispered.

"Uhm, no..you're name is Evan."

"Wanna see him. Connor." Evan looked to Cynthia. He needed to know he was okay.

"Connor is my son," Cynthia informed the nurse. "And Evans boyfriend. He was in the accident too. He's right next door."

Evan opened his eyes and tried to get up.

"I need to see him," Trina pushed his shoulders back lightly.

"Evan, you can't get up yet."

"Why? I feel fine. Is Connor okay?"

"Relax, Evan. Everything is fine."

"What happened to Jared? To Ferb? Is Connor okay?" No one was giving him a straight answer and it was upsetting him. He just needed to know.

"Hey, how about we let you wake up, and then once you're feeling a bit better, then we can talk about what happened." Cynthia suggested. Realizing that was the best he was likely to get, Evan agreed. The nurse looked relieved.

A man in a white coat walked inside the room.

"Hello, Evan. I hear you've finally woken up."

"H-how long was I out?"

"Just two days."

"Two days?!"

"Yes, Evan. Your body went into some sort of shock. You fell asleep in the ambulance and we couldn't wake you up. When you got back here, we set up and IV and just waited for you to wake up on your own."

"Where's my mom?" Evan asked. She should be here.

"She just left twenty minutes before you woke up. She went home to take a shower and get some food. She'll be back soon, sweetie." Cynthia smiled at him.

"Can I go home yet?" Evan asked. He hated hospitals. He'd gone a few times for really bad anxiety attacks and once when he was a kid and had pneumonia. He never liked the smell or how busy it always was.

"Not yet, Evan." The doctor laughed. "You just woke up. We have to run a couple tests and make sure you're okay. While you were asleep, we did a few just to make sure you weren't bleeding internally."

"What? Why?"

The doctor checked his chart then looked at Evan.

"You were beat up right?"

"No, I stopped it in time before Ferb could do anything. He only hurt Jared and Connor."

The doctor frowned and Cynthia was looking at him in concern.

"Evan, that's not what happened. You were attacked by that guy quite a bit before you managed to take them out. Do you not remember that?"

Evan shook his head. It was all a blur, really.