23|chapter

Scarlett's pov.

It's been a week since the ceremony introducing me as Luna and everything was going surprisingly well. The pack has welcomed me with open arms.

Today is the day that the council is coming for the trial of Charlie. I haven't seen him since the alpha and Luna ball over a month ago. Alpha Gray has contacted Asher one time but doesn't seem all that concerned about him.

It's mandatory for the alpha of the pack member who broke pack rules to attend the trail. The council asked us if we wanted to have the trail on different land but I made the decision that it should be here where we are on our own familiar territory.

Asher was out running the territory with Marcus and a few of the top warriors to make sure everything is looking good for when the council comes in a few hours. It's only ten o'clock in the morning but my nerves kept me up all night so I was going off maybe two hours of sleep tops.

I decided to get dressed for the day instead of sitting around driving myself crazy with my thoughts. On my way downstairs I heard a crash and a little yelp on the second floor. I quickly jogged down the hall to the bathroom at the end just in time to see a small curly headed girl bending down to pick up shards of glass from the floor.

 "Sasha don't touch that" I said quickly coming over to her and picking her up to make sure she wouldn't step in any glass with her bare feet. "Oh Luna It was a accident please don't tell momma".

 A thick smell of a sweet perfume invaded my nose as I looked down to see the broken perfume bottle. I sighed and bent down carefully picking up the glass and threw it in the trash can while I set Sasha down to sit on the counter.

"What were you doing?" I asked her once I had it all picked up. I did a little cleaning spell my grandma taught me and it got all the tiny invisible shards that I missed to disappear.

I stood up and finally actually looked at her face. My mouth set into a huge smile as I saw the blue eyeshadow smeared around her eyes and this bright red lipstick covering her mouth and all around it.

 "Well you see I saw a girl doing her makeup at her desk in her room. The door was open so I had to peak and I saw she put stuff on her eyes and lips. She was pretty so I thought maybe I could be prettier to if I put on makeup so it would make hunter like me. Also I know mommy wears perfume when she goes out with my not daddy so yes. Ummm also when I tried to get it I grabbed the top and the bottle under it fell." She looked down and played with her tutu she was wearing.

 I laughed lightly "Sasha your beautiful, you don't need any makeup. And are you talking about hunter the one that's going to be training to be a warrior in a few years?"

 "You know him" she asked with wide eyes almost as if she couldn't believe it. "Of course but I didn't know you were into older men" I said and raised my eyebrows and started cracking up laughing when she started to blush.

 "No disrupt but it's not funny Luna Scarlett, I really like him."

 "I think your looking for the word disrespect not disrupt but that's okay. How long have you liked him? You do know he's almost ten right" she nodded and started to swing her legs back and fourth while thinking.

"Well he comes to my room a lot to play with me. He is very nice and sometimes he holds my hand when we go on walks and he gives me little tingles in my arm that feel really nice."

 I wish I was in Sasha's place, to be this young and already being taken care of by her mate. I walked over to the cabinets and grabbed out a wash cloth. I put it under some warm water and started to clean off Sasha's makeup.

"That sounds awesome, wait Sasha what did you mean when you said your mom goes out with not your daddy?" I asked confused on what that meant. Her eyes were closed as I rinsed off her face "my mom goes out with this man that comes over all the time but isn't daddy. They sometimes kiss on the mouth and not even the cheek like daddy's are to mommy's."