30| Chapter

Addison's pov.

Lights were strung from the trees and gave the party a homey golden glow.

I smiled and held my stomach in my hands as I saw Cindy in the crowd mingling with two older women. I reached the edge of the stairs and started descending them cautiously but not too slow. 

Some pack members saw me and came to my aid immediately even though I can walk down some stairs. I saw them stop and I let out a gasp of surprise and almost lost my footing as arms snuck around my waist.

Tingles shot through my body and I looked up to see Asher's handsome face. His eyes sparkled when he looked at me and for once he looked completely relaxed. His jaw line and sharp features gives him an intense look, but with the cute smile that was on his lips he could never look threatening. 

"Okay Ash, I'm perfectly fine walking down some stairs without falling. If anything, you almost caused me to fall." I pointed out as we reached the bottom.

His grip tightened on my waist before he stepped back and intertwined one of our hands.

He smiled down at me lovingly before leaning in and pecking my lips.

"Well you started falling and who was there to catch you? Me, so just tell me you love me and I'm your hero and we can join our pack to celebrate my beautiful mate." He smiled and pulled my waist gently to him.

I put my hand on his chest and shook my head. "Your the one who caused me to fall in the first place." I pointed out with a glare.

"I don't know what to tell you baby, you got stuck with a guy who can be a bad boy and an angel." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes laughing.

"That was bad, don't be fooled because I'm laughing. I made a noise between a giggle and a laugh when he scrunched his face and fake glared at me. "Alright, I must have to admit that wasn't as smooth of a line as usual. Nobody is perfect." he said sounding self conscious and thought he was actually hurt by it so I instantly felt bad.

 "Ash I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings I was joking I love all your cute lines even the bad ones." I hugged him and tried to get him to look at me but when he did he smiled at me. "I'm just kidding Addy, don't feel bad." It was my turn to glare heatedly at his grinning face. 

"You can't do that to me. My hormones are all over the place and I didn't want to hurt your feelings ever." I stepped back not really upset anymore,  just thirsty. 

He came forward by wrapping his long arms around my lower back and pressed my body to his along with our lips.

I instantly reacted, his lips were lightly snd sweet on mine. This is his way of forgiveness but I didn't mind because my attention was on him and how my knees weakened. He held me up and pulled away leaving tingles to form all over my lips.

I looked around and saw a few pack members smiling sweetly at us from the party area. PDA isn't a big deal within packs as long as it's not anything too crazy but kissing your mate in public is definitely not weird to see when it's  between two mates. 

  "There really wasn't a need for a party but thank you." I said hugging him. His hands  slid onto my stomach for a second before wrapping around my waist.

"You are always a reason for a celebration. We're going to be parents, I'm going to be a dad. That boy's going to have it all." He smiled liking the thought of a baby boy of his own.

No one ever knows the gender of the baby before it comes because it just isn't that important when it comes to a cub. Sometimes Alphas want to know but Alphas always know their first heir is going to be a boy.