31|Chapter

Warning sexual content
Skip past the ————'s if you don't want to read it.

Addison's pov.

The past week has been completely exhausting but worth it. The council has gotten to know Asher and I more and have gotten the opportunity to see what type of leaders we are to our pack. I think they also understood that we have a new born to take care of.

We haven't told anyone about Alice's cravings for blood because she eats regular food more often. The fact that she's the first alpha female born hybrid is a big deal. Asher and I worry that if that secret gets out she'll be hunted so we're keeping it in the family.

I closed my eyes and willed myself to calm down because my hair would not stay where I want it to stay and I'm starting to feel the stress. In a few hours I'll have gone through the royal ceremony and Asher and I will be king and queen.

Nothing was going to plan today and my anxiety is through the roof. The florist quit on me yesterday so I had to get a whole new one for the ceremony today, which I might add is crazy getting a new one within a day of the event.

There was a accident in the kitchen a few days ago so I'm down three pairs of hands and since I'm not technically royal yet we have to have the ceremony on Asher and I's current pack lands.

This causes more trouble because unlike the royal territory, our pack land is big enough for us and not may more packs. We had to clear trees around our usual meeting field because it won't be big enough to guest the invited packs. The council is allowing any and all pack members to come because even though we have to invite an alphas and his pack to our land to be welcomed, this land won't be ours after the ceremony is finished. We also decided that anyone is welcome because they have the same right as being there as our own pack.

Another thing that has me troubled, after we plan this all out we then have to move our whole pack to new land. In the end this will really be good for everyone but at the moment everyone's excited and I'm tearing my hair out.

To put the cherry on top of my shit sundae, I haven't seen Asher since we woke up this morning and that was for two minutes before he got swept up in a meeting.

We've been so busy that I've only gotten a few conversations with him in the past few days. I could feel our need for each other growing stronger through the bond but I know that we'll finally have time alone tonight.
Asher parents are going to watch Alice while we spend our first night in the castle together.

I keep trying to tell myself I can wait until then but then I said screw it. I closed my eyes and went into Ashers head. The wall between us stays down so we can check in on the other throughout the day.

He was in his office filling out a packet of paper but he was on the last page. 'Hi' I whispered into his head so I won't scare him.

I can feel the happiness that he just got from hearing from me through the bond.

'Hi baby, how are you?' His husky voice answer back immediately.

'I'm stressed and in need of your attention' I teased back. I could hear a door open and close down the hall and next thing I know arms are surrounding me from the back.

"I've been waiting for you to call for me, my Queen."

I leaned my head back to meet his upside down face and wrinkled my nose at him. He unwrapped his arms from me and let out a deep laugh. I smiled and stood up to face him from my spot at the vanity.

"So it's okay for everyone else to call you Queen but when I do it-" I grabbed hold of his forearm and pulled him to me and leaned up to quickly cover his lip with my own.