Chapter 1: Blackwell Academy

The Girl Who Rewinds Time went under some editing to make it a better written story. Much was kept the same, but some scenes were altered and changed. Enjoy!

Episode 1: Chrysalis

My name is Daniel Connors. And let me just say man, school definitely isn't my thing. And Blackwell Academy is a shithole of a school. Our Principal is a drunk, we have a strict as hell security guard, and what can I say about Nathan Prescott? His family owns this goddamn school. They pretty much own Arcadia Bay for that matter. Nathan thinks he's all powerful because of his rich family. The dude thinks he can pull shit off all the time.

"Alfred Hitchcock famously called film "little pieces of time" but he could be talking about photography, as he likely was." Mark Jefferson. My photography teacher. Probably the only cool teacher at Blackwell.

I slouched into my chair. Beside me sat the alleged viral slut everyone's talking about, Kate Marsh. I myself haven't seen the video. Nor do I want to. But if I'm being honest, Kate is kinda hot. But she's not my type. I don't dig religious chicks.

"These pieces of time can frame us in our glory and our sorrow; from light to shadow; from color to chiaroscuro..." Just as Mr. Jefferson finished his sentence, Taylor Christensen grinned and threw a crumpled piece of paper across the room. Hitting Kate in the face. I watched as it rolled under my table. I looked up at Taylor. She smiled and winked at me.

She never misses her chances to hit on me. Taylor's been chasing me for a while now. But I also don't dig snobby Vortex Club bitches either.

Mr. Jefferson sat on the middle table. "Now, can you give me an example of a photographer who perfectly captured the human condition in black and white?" A girl raised her hand. "Diane Arbus." She said. "There you go, Victoria! Why Arbus?" Mr. Jefferson asked.

Victoria Chase. What best describes her? A rich bitch. Who's most of the time making googly eyes at Mr. Jefferson.

"You feel like, totally haunted by the eyes of those sad mothers and children." Victoria said. "She saw humanity as tortured, right? And frankly, it's bullshit." Mr. Jefferson said. "Seriously though, I could frame any one of you in a dark corner, and capture you in a moment of desperation." He told us.

I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my hair. Mr. Jefferson took notice of this and looked at me. Raising his eyebrow. "I'm sorry. Am I boring you, Daniel?" He said to me. "Nah, bro." I told him.

I just like my hair to curve over my ears and downwards to my neck. I usually run my fingers through my hair to keep the look.

He gave me one last look until he went back to lecturing us. "What if Arbus chose to capture people at the height of their beauty or innocence?" He eyed at everyone. "She had a brilliant eye, so she could have taken another approach." Victoria cleared her throat. "I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of her work. I prefer... Robert Frank." She said.

Mr. Jefferson nodded. He said, "Me too, Victoria. He captured—" A flash of a camera caught Mr. Jefferson's attention. "I believe Max has taken what you kids call a "selfie"..." He said.

Maxine Caulfield. But she goes by Max. She's what you'd call a hipster. We've exchanged words before, but we're not friends. Mainly because we only have two classes together. I sometimes forget she's even around because she's so damn quiet.

"Of course, as you all know, the photo portrait has been popular since the early eighteen-hundreds. Your generation was not the first to use images for selfie-expression." Mr. Jefferson smirked. "Sorry. I couldn't resist." He said and cleared his throat. "The point remains that the portraiture has always been a vital aspect of art, and photography, for as long as it's been around." Mr. Jefferson looked at Max.