Chapter 17: The Principals Office

"Chloe the Keymaster." Max said as we successfully entered Blackwell.

"You know it." Chloe replied.

"Watch out for ghosts." I muttered. Max hit my arm. "Not funny, Daniel." She said. I chuckled in response.

Max looked at Chloe. "Dude, I don't know about this... we're both already in so much trouble..." She said. Chloe grinned. "Not to mention the weed you brought into my room... Joking!" Max shook her head. "I'm serious. We're not kids anymore. We're breaking and entering..." She said.

Chloe looked at Max. "If I have a key how can it be breaking? They can't charge us for just entering!"

"I'm serious. We could to to jail..." Max said.

Chloe shrugged. "Not when Blackwell's ex-head of security is at home crying in his basement bunker..." She said. "So we better find out what's in the Principal's office first." Chloe walked up to the door with the keys. "You can rewind if we get caught, right? You have mad powers, Max." Chloe told her. "Yeah, man. Just rewind." I told her. Max looked at me and said, "My powers didn't save Kate... Maybe I did on my own..." Chloe opened the door in front of us.

"Come on. One more door and our work here is done." She told us. "Then skater boy can go have his night rest." She said as she entered. "Good. Let's get this over with." I said and followed her in.

As I got to Chloe's side, her head jerked back in confusion. "What the fuck? The security officer should have the key to the Principal's office." She said. "He probably ate it." I told her. "Probably did." Chloe said back.

"He's hiding shit. Like everybody here." Max said. "Well, now we definitely have to get this door open." Chloe said. She looked at me. "Believe it or not, I know a little about lock picking-thanks to Frank." She said and crouched down. "I might as well test out my thief skill..." Max shrugged. "Go for it. We're already in this deep." She said. Chloe looked at Max. "Well, you and Daniel could look for the key... just in case." She said. "Why yes, we could." Max said.

I looked to my right and my mouth dropped open. "Bro, they're all right here." I said to them, walking over to a key rack. "Yeah. None for the Principal's office." Max said. I shrugged and muttered, "Shit." Max and I searched all through out the room and found nothing.

"No key for thee... We have to find another way in." Max said. "Guess I didn't spend enough time with Frank." Chloe said. "But I'll use my DIY lock-pick tools while you come up with a better plan." Max smirked. "My plan has a name..." She put her phone to her ear and waited.

"Hey Warren, you busy?" I leaned on the wall and crossed my arms. "Just bubble-hearth, you'll be okay. Listen, I need your physics expertise-stat." Max said.

Well. Here I am. Late at night with two girls. That so doesn't sound like a set up for a porno. Breaking and entering Blackwell with David's keys. Trying to break into Principal Wells' office. Nothing out of the ordinary. Let's just hope we don't get busted. Max and I could lose our scholarships.

"Yes, I'm still all in to "Go Ape" with you at the drive-in..." Max said.

Chloe looked at me and raised her eyebrow. I just shrugged at her. "Thanks for the help." Max said and lowered her phone.

"This sucks ass! Goddamn door!" Chloe said, pounding her fist into it. "Try not to wake up everybody at Blackwell." Max told her. Max received a text. "Sorry Max, I got nothing. What about your plan?" Chloe asked her.

Max examined the text on her phone. She looked at it and grinned. "I'm going to go put it together. Can you guys stay here and not get caught?" Max said. Chloe smiled smugly. "We might get on the other side of that door before you, Lupin." She said. Max smirked. "That race is on. See you soon." She said and quickly left the room.