Chapter 18: Blackwell Pool

"Frank knows things about Rachel and he might talk if he's been paid... Right?" Max said. Chloe smiled widely and hugged her. "You are SuperMax." She said. Max looked at me over Chloe's shoulder. I gave her a nod. "And with the leftover dough, I'll take you and skater boy to a trip to Portland for the day." Chloe said. "How's that sound, Daniel?" Max asked. I shrugged. "Cool. All good from me." I said.

Chloe nodded with a bright smile. "We'll stock up on tats, beer, weed, and donuts." Chloe listed.

"And books from Powell's." Max added.

"Decks for skateboards." I said.

"And strip clubs... Kidding!" Chloe said. "Hey, I'm all for that!" I told her. "Of course you would be, Daniel." Max said with a chuckle. "But you never know..." Chloe said as she walked to the door. I grabbed my skateboard and followed Chloe out the door.

Chloe turned to us with a grin. "That impish look scares me." Max said behind me. "Care for a midnight swim?" Chloe said and held up David's keys. "The Blackwell pool is ours." Max raised an eyebrow. "Swimming? You want to take that risk now?" Chloe smiled. "It's been a cray week, we deserve a little mindless fun in the water..."

Chloe also added, "We're done for the night anyway, we're rich, and nobody busted us. So, splish splash?" Max sighed and smiled. "You're right. We hella deserve it. Splish splash."

Great. Now Max is starting to say hella. That word will never come from me.

"Did you actually just say "hella"? I think I'm a good bad influence on you." Chloe grinned at me. "Now all we need to do is get Daniel to say it."

"Yeah, sorry no. Won't happen." I assured her. "Oh, we'll see about that." Chloe said as she walked out.

"You coming with us, Daniel?" Max asked. I shrugged. "Meh. I don't know." I said. "Aw, come on Daniel. It'll be fun." She said, dragging me out of the room.

"We're in the Otters' lair!" Max said once we reached the pool. Chloe said, "Big fucking deal. I want that heated water!" "We still have to play it cool, okay? We still go to school here." Max said, gesturing between herself and me. Chloe turned to her. "You can own this hellhole once you figured out your rewind power..." She said.

Chloe smiled at us. "Boys or girls?" She said.

"Girls, of course." Max said. "Girls? Ooh la-la..." Chloe said.

"Well, you go do that. I'm going through boys." I said and walked to the door. I gripped the handle and pulled on it. Locked. I tried opening it again. Still locked. I placed my feet on both sides of the door and pulled. "Come on you piece of shit door!" I said.

I heard them laughing behind me. "Daniel. Remember that I'm the only one with the keys?" Chloe said. Twirling them around her finger. "Uhhh yeah... right." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. Once Chloe unlocked the girls' locker room, she came and unlocked the boys'.

It's pretty dark in here. Maybe I should've went with them. Not that... I'm... scared or... anything.

I dropped my skateboard on the ground and skated into the pool room.

Chloe looked at me and smiled. "Having fun?" She asked. "Fun?" I questioned her. "Yeah? You're skating around, hanging out with two sexy girls?" I felt my cheeks burn. "Relax, skater boy. I'm teasing you." She said. "You enjoy doing that, don't you?" Chloe smirked at me. The lights in the pool suddenly turned on. "Finally." Chloe said.

Chloe then stripped down to her bra and underwear. My mouth hung widely open.

Chloe looked at me and grinned. "Enjoying the view?" I quickly shook my head and looked away. "Ah! Sorry man... shit." I muttered. "Awkward moment of the year, isn't it?" I said. "Mmm. I don't know." Chloe said. Right after, I heard a splash. Max walked into the pool room.