Chapter 37: Always Take The Shot

As we exited the building and walked toward the dorms, Chloe's phone vibrated. She took it out and swiped her screen.

"Oh Christ, Nathan just texted me..." She said. "He says there won't be any evidence left after he's done." Chloe showed us her screen. The text said...

N- glad you got one last look at rachel nobody will ever find her again after im done

"Shit, we have to go to the junkyard right now!" Max said. We dashed toward Chloe's truck. Once we were seated, Chloe started her truck and drove out of Blackwell's parking lot. She turned on the road and started driving. She wasn't going to let Nathan get away with this. She was dead set on killing him. I knew she was.

"Okay, what do we do when we get there?" Max asked. "What the fuck do you think? We're going to pop that asshole!" Chloe told her. "I'm going to pop him so much, he won't be recognizable as a human fucking being!" She said. "Chloe, calm down." Max said. "Don't you dare tell me to calm down, Max! He's going to—" "I know." Max said assuringly.

"Don't worry. He won't get away with it." Max said. "You goddamn right he won't! He fucking won't!" Chloe shouted. We were driving a little too fast. I was worried we would get caught by the cops and get pulled over. Then we'd be really fucked at that point.

Holy shit. This is it. We're finally going to make Nathan pay for everything he's done. To Kate. To Max. To Rachel. To everyone. And I swear, before Chloe kills him, I'm definitely going to give him a beating. He will deserve every fucking punch I deliver to his fucking rich kid face! Hell! I'll kill him before Chloe does! Because Rachel did NOT deserve to be killed! Not like that! She will get justice. And that will be tonight! This is the end... of Nathan Prescott.

************

"Stop stomping around, Chloe!" Max said. "Right. Just get ready to use your rewind fast if Nathan tries to jump us." Chloe said. "He won't get the fucking chance." I said. "You're goddamn right, Daniel." Chloe said back. Max took out her phone and provided light for us.

Okay. Take away my rage for a second. The junkyard is pretty scary at night. Not gonna lie. But Nathan's around here somewhere. And he's going to pay.

We carefully snuck the dark grounds of the junkyard. Nathan could jump out any second. And I was ready for him. Actually, we still have to have that fight we planned in Mr. Jefferson's class. Well, that fight has arrived. I can't wait until the moment I'm kneeling over Nathan. Pounding my fists into his face.

"Max, when we catch Nathan you better rewind so I can kill him over and over..." Chloe said. Determination in her eyes. "For God's sake, Chloe, you have to be quiet!" Max told her. "We could die, okay?" As we walked on to Rachel's burial, Chloe muttered, "Come on, come on. Nathan needs to die now..."

"Look, we can't track Nathan if you're not going to be cool..." Max told her.

"God, I want to fucking kill that little psycho..." Chloe said. "We will! He deserves what's coming to him." I said. "Hey, I can't focus if you guys are yelling... please." Max said to us. We turned the corner and straight ahead is where Rachel lays. Lifeless. Never seeing the light of day again.

"Guys, please hurry!" Chloe said as she took off to Rachel. Chloe got on her knees and started digging again. Max helped dig, still providing light with her phone.

"Oh God, Max, look... she's still there." Chloe said. Max stood up and backed away. "Don't look, Chloe..." Max told her, still backing away from Rachel's body.

Max continued to back away until she was behind Daniel. Suddenly, she felt a pinch pierce her neck. "Oh no..." She muttered faintly. She tried rewinding, but what ever was injected into her bloodstream was already taking its course. She fell down to the ground and tried rewinding time again. But it was already too late.

The individual grabbed a 2x4 and snuck up behind Daniel. He raised the 2x4 and smacked Daniel over the side of the head. Breaking the wood in half. Daniel fell to the ground. Motionless.

"What the fuck?" Chloe questioned as she turned around. She took out her revolver... and was shot fatally in the head. Chloe's head snapped back and her lifeless body fell to the ground.

My vision was blurry. My ears rung loudly. My breaths were heavy. I could see a figure walk over to me. He stood over me for a few seconds. It almost looked like Mr. Jeff—

BANG

The individual lowered the gun to his side and slowly turned and walked over to Max. With the remaining strength she had, Max rolled onto her back and looked up at the figure. There... stood Mr. Jefferson above her with nothing but hatred in his eyes. Max's vision started to fade. The last thing she saw was Mr. Jefferson's deep glare.

She then passed out.

End of Episode 4