Chapter 19: Rachel Amber Cosplay

I slowly woke up. I noticed I wasn't in my dorm room but on a floor instead. There was a puddle of drool beside my mouth.

"Photobomb!" I heard Chloe say.

"Photo-hog!" Max said.

Oh great. Sleeping on Chloe's floor. I grabbed the edge of the bed and pulled myself up. "Aw man, who knows what kinda bacteria crawled in my mouth over the night." I said. "Relax, skater boy. My floor isn't that dirty... probably." Chloe said to me. "So assuring." I said back as I stood up, stretching my arms out.

"It feels like a different world from yesterday..." Max said. Chloe leaned her blue head into her hand. "We left a skid mark on Blackwell last night." She said to us with a tired grin. "Like it needs another one." Max told her. "Other then almost getting our asses caught, it was fun!" I said. Chloe smiled and nodded at me. "Couldn't say better myself." She said.

Max turned her body toward Chloe. "I'd like to do something good for my school and Arcadia Bay." She said. "I can't even submit my photo to represent... I just don't want to be rejected." Max said.

"Every great artist gets rejected before they get accepted. So you have to enter a photo." Chloe told her. "Even though I'm pimping the school and town you want to torch?" Chloe hit Max's arm lightly. "Come on, I don't want to see Arcadia Bay burned to the shore, I just say shit like that because I've been trying to get out of here since—since you left, basically." Chloe said.

Max and I eyed each other. I saw a tad of sadness in her face.

"If I could find Rachel, then pay Frank off, I'm still leaving to start a whole new life..." Chloe said, starting up some music. I pulled out my phone and saw a thread of notifications from some of my apps. I sat down at Chloe's desk and swiped on my phone.

"I wish we could just hang out all morning like we used to..." Max said. "Maybe we should get up, we have to get back to Blackwell soon." Max said. "Oh do the school kids have a test today?" Chloe said. "Thankfully not." I said, still browsing on my phone. "I'm starting to feel like going to Blackwell everyday is a test." Max told her. "I just need to get on my regular school schedule again."

After a few minutes of peace and silence, Chloe suddenly said, "I'm so wiped out from last night. But it was awesome." "I have to ponder what kind of criminal I've become." Max said. Chloe smiled. "Last night was only the tip of the iceberg." She said.

"I have to admit, it was pretty cool to take over the Blackwell gym." Max admitted. "Today the gym, tomorrow the world. We need to step it up." Chloe said. "We still have to be carful how I use my power... I don't want to get stuck in time." Max said back. She sat up and pushed herself off the bed.

Max looked at her clothes and cringed. "Ew. Still reeks like a chlorine factory." She said. "See if you can find a suitable outfit in my fashion hole." Chloe told her.

Aw man, Max in punk rock clothes. Can't even imagine how ridiculous that sounds.

Max walked to Chloe's closet and opened it. Examining the punk style clothes inside.

"Hey, there you go!" Chloe said suddenly. Making me jump slightly. "Rachel left a bunch of her clothes with me... She's your size."

"Oh yeah, those are Rachel's clothes." I added.

"But not quite my style." Max said to us. Chloe stood up from her bed. "Max, you don't have a style yet. At least give it a try." She said. "I'd bet Warren would be all over you, Max." I said. "Hush, Daniel." She said. "You can always rewind back to your chlorine brand T-shirt and generic jeans." Chloe said.

Max shoved her arm. "You suck. I like my shirt and jeans..." She said. Max looked back into the closet. "But it would be cool to try on Rachel's clothes, just to see if they fit." Chloe rolled her eyes. "Stop second-guessing yourself, Max!" She told her. "Put this on and let your inner punk-rock girl come out! You can afford to take chances!" Chloe said. "Whenever and whatever you want to try..." Chloe grinned.

"For example, I dare you to kiss me!"

"What?"

"What?" Max and I questioned.

Chloe smiled devilishly. "I double dare you. Kiss me now." Chloe said. Nodding her head assuringly. Max placed her hands on Chloe's left shoulder and right cheek and quickly leaned in. Pressing her lips against Chloe's.

My eyes and mouth widened.

Holy shit! Two girls just kissed! Two girls just kissed and I saw it first hand!

I saw Chloe's eyes widen and she quickly backed away. Max's arms slowly lowered to her side.

"Damn, you're hardcore, Max! Now I can text Warren and tell him he doesn't stand a chance... unless he's into girl-on-girl action." Max gripped her hip and grinned. "You are such a dork." Max looked at me and said, "How was that, Daniel?"

"I—uhhh..."

"You enjoyed it, skater boy." Chloe said. "It was... unexpected..." I said.

I'm not afraid to admit. It was hot. Really hot.

Max reached into Chloe's closet and pulled out Rachel's old clothes. Chloe and I looked away. But Chloe looked happy. She began typing furiously into her phone. I suddenly got a text.

C- HOLY SHIT!!! don't tell max but I kinda enjoyed that
D- rad dude
C- don't you dare tell her connors
D- all good from me Dice Price

After Max was done changing, she walked over to Chloe's bed. Striking a few poses. "Lookin' sick, Max." Chloe said happily. "A couple tats, some piercings and we'll make a thrasher out of you yet."

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah." Max said.

An amused smile crept onto my face and I failed to contain a snort. Chloe shook her head and said, "Maybe not." "Yeah. No. Sorry." I added.

"You guys go on down and say hi to Joyce. Free breakfast!" Chloe said. "Oh hell, I never say no to free food!" I said, quickly standing up. "You're not coming?" Max questioned. "Yeah. I have to, er, wake 'n' bake first." Chloe told her. "I promise not to tell." Max said. "Let's not rewind and find out, 'kay?" Chloe said. "Let's go, Daniel." Max said, lightly shoving me to the door.

Once they left the room, Chloe sighed happily.

She did it. Max kissed me. I didn't think she would. And Daniel's face was priceless.