Chapter 13: Return to Blackwell

"Please!!!" She shouted. Then the train hit her. "Oh god!" I shouted loudly.

(Rewind)

"What about that fuse box?" I questioned. Max quickly opened it. "We can use these to cut the wires!" Max said holding a pair of pliers. I have no idea where she even got those from, but I immediately told her, "Go for it!" Max quickly cut the red wire. A sound emerged from the lever. It worked. "I'll pull this, you help her!" Max told me. I nodded and ran over to Chloe.

"Come on, man. We're getting you out of here!" I assured her. "Pull it Max!" I shouted. I grabbed Chloe and pulled. The tracks suddenly switched. Chloe and I fell together. Chloe landed beside me as the train just passed us. I stood up and placed my hands on my knees.

"You okay?" I asked her. Chloe looked at me and nodded. "Yeah." She said.

Chloe stood up with heavy breaths. Max rushed over and hugged Chloe tightly. "You okay?" She asked softly. "You saved me again. Crazy. Now we're totally bonded for life!" Chloe said to her. Max shook her head. "Damn, that was close." She said. "Too close." I added. Chloe bumped Max's shoulder. "Aren't you glad I took you away to a nice quiet desolate spot?" She said with a smirk on her face, wrapping an arm around Max.

"It was cool to spend time in your lair." Max told her. "But Daniel and I have to get back to school before our next class..." "Since you're the mysterious superhero, along with Wonder Boy over there... I'll be your faithful chauffeur and companion." Chloe said.

"My powers might not last, Chloe." Max said. "That's okay—we will. Forever." Chloe told her. Man. Those two are ever so close.

We arrived at Blackwell in Chloe's truck. I of course sat in the back. Chloe pulled up by the front steps. "Thanks for the ride, Chloe." Max said. "Yeah. Thanks man. Just in time for Mr. Jefferson's class." I told her. "Thanks for coming with me. Sorry to be so boring." Chloe said to us. "I'll see you in class, Max." I said. She nodded at me with a friendly smile.

I nodded towards Chloe. "Cool seeing you again." I said to her. Chloe nodded back. "We should all hang out sometime." She said. "That'd be awesome." Max added. "Cool." I said.

After exchanging numbers, I opened the door and exited the truck. Leaving Max and Chloe in the truck.

What a day it's been so far. Holy shit. I'm just going to go straight to Mr. Jefferson's class and chill out. I need to clear my thoughts. I walked up the steps and toward the doors. It's honestly relaxing to be back. I can't wait to just sit down at the table and listen to music for a few minutes.

As I pushed open the doors, "Heeey Daniel..." A voice spoke. "Oh. Hi... Taylor?" I greeted slowly. "Whatcha doing?" She asked, standing a little too close for my comfort. I took a step back and said, "Uhhh... going to Mr. Jefferson's class?" "Oh, I was going there too." She said.

Taylor put her hand on her hip. "Anyway, word's getting out that you and some other kid helped... Max Caulfield against Nathan?" She said. "Yeah?" I replied. She gave me a look of disgust. Like she was jealous. "Don't waste your time with her." She said, taking steps toward me as I stepped back. My back suddenly hit the wall.

Taylor stopped in front of me and dragged her fingers down my arm. "You're not her type." She said in a seductive voice. "Uhhh... Yeah. Sure. See you in class, Taylor." I told her and tried walking passed her. She stepped in my way and giggled. She then said, "Oh, I'll definitely see you, Daniel." She said and winked at me. She turned on her heels and walked down the hall.

As I walked down the hall to the class, "Sup, Daniel?" Trevor said, holding out his fist. "Hey, man." I greeted as we connected fists. I didn't stay and talk since he was talking on his phone.