Volume 2, Chapter 19

Stella did not know where she was walking to. She walked along the busy street like a zombie as people on their phones rushed past her, sometimes knocking into her and giving her dirty looks. Tears filled her eyes and she continued walking with her vision blurred. His words stung her and they echoed in her head non-stop.

“I must leave him!” she said to herself, “He does not love me.” She moved along and suddenly, she found herself back at the park. She sat under the same tree and leant on the trunk as she wept loudly and bitterly.

It was painful to leave him. It pained her now and then. She thought hate could overcome her love for him but she was proven wrong. She pictured his face as he told her to leave and found herself recalling his face when she had told him to leave her. She had brought this upon herself. There was no one to blame but herself. She hated herself for loving him. And she hated herself even more for not being able to let him go.

As she sat there crying, she suddenly felt a hand over her mouth. She tried to scream but no sound came out. Soon, she was hit on the head and everything turned dark.

She found herself in a dark room with thick curtains drawn. Her head still hurt. She struggled to get up but the door was locked. She tried to turn the knob forcefully when the door opened. It was Micheal.

“Why did you take me here?” she asked, feeling relieved to see him. He did not answer and proceeded to switch on the lights before locking the door.

“Nick Smith will be here shortly,” he said.

“What do you mean?” she asked, confused.

“I’m helping you to change him to human,” he answered, controlling his desire to embrace her and kiss her.

“He told me to leave him. And I lost the stone to his father,” she replied, looking abashed. 

“Sorry Stella. I didn’t trust you on that part so I gave you a fake stone. I told Nick Smith that I kidnapped you,” he said.

Her eyes widened. “What? Kidnapped?”

“Yeah, he wouldn’t find you unless you are in danger,” he explained. 

Stella felt horrible. She could not trick him further.

“I can’t do this, Micheal,” she said but his eyes turned icy.

“You have betrayed me so many times. I trusted you to kill him and you said you didn’t want to. Now, I’m helping you to change him to human and you refuse again!” He raised his voice and grabbed her shoulders. 

“I loved you so much and you broke my heart.” His voice shook with rage. She was so afraid that he was going to hurt her.

“Let me go.” She winced. Her shoulders hurt from his grip.

“Not until you keep your promise,” he threatened. 

She nodded. “I will do it.” His grip loosened and his face became calmer.

“Don’t tell him what you plan to do. Do it fast. Don’t think about what is going to happen. Just finish what you set out to do, alright?” he said. She nodded again.