Chapter 37

== Luke's POV ==

I'm woken up to a peck on the lips from Hannah, who proceeds to giggle and poke my nose lightly. Though I keep my eyes shut, I'm fully conscious now and aware of everything. I know, at least, that I'm stripped down to my boxers in my bedroom with a pounding headache. I squeeze my eyes closed even harder and pinch the bridge of my nose before finally opening them.

Immediately brought into my view is Hannah, perched above me with a smile on her face. She smells just as she did last night -- like a mix of her floral-scented perfume and vodka. But with my hangover this morning, it's a lot less appealing. In an attempt to hide my distaste, I smirk up at her lazily.

"Morning, beautiful," I whisper. My voice is groggy and I'm forced to notice the scratchiness in the back of my throat. Hannah's smile widens and she leans in to give me a quick kiss.

The kiss, somehow, reminds me of last night. Of finally persuading Maddie to willingly be with me before her brother had to be a cockblock. Maybe it's the hint of alcohol that was on Maddie's breath that still remains on Hannah's, or maybe I'm just being an idiot. Either way, my mind goes right to it, and then to the image of Ashton making out with her and backing up to go upstairs. None of this should mean anything to me, but I can't shake the thought.

"Sorry I woke you," Hannah seems to take the far-off stare I had as anger and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear shyly, "I was bored."

"Do you think Ashton and Maddie have something going on?" I say abruptly. The moment the words leave my mouth, Hannah's face scrunches up in confusion. She slides her hand from it's spot on my chest and moves so she's laying beside me. I regret asking, but there is no turning back now.

"Why do you care?" she says, her own words overflowing with newfound annoyance.

"I just want to know," I pause and turn my head toward her. She already looks pissed beyond return, so I might as well. "Why she will fuck him and not me. I mean, I'm the one she was obsessed with, right?"

Hannah crosses her arms over her chest and scrunches her face up even more, "You're looking more obsessed than she ever did."

"You think I'm obsessed? I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense."

"You know, I'd love to talk about your bruised ego some more," She snaps sarcastically, rolling her eyes, "But normal girlfriends don't talk to their boyfriend about how another girl doesn't want to fuck him."

"When have we ever been a normal couple, Hannah?" I snap right back at her as soon as she finishes, my tone mimicking hers. My head starts to pound even harder and I feel like I'm going to puke. This is definitely not the conversation I should be having the morning after a party.

Her scowl falls and her face softens almost immediately. I can tell she's biting the inside of her bottom lip, which with much experience I am aware foreshadows the waterworks. My own angry look doesn't leave, but I try to see her as the Hannah I was actually in love with not even a year ago. I can't.

"How many times do you want me to apologize for sleeping with him?" a tear slips down her cheek despite her efforts to keep them in. Part of me wants to make a move to wipe it away but the reminder is enough to keep me from doing so.

Instead, I roll over onto my side with my back to her. "I thought we agreed to forget it happened?" I mumble.

"It's been months," she sniffles, "Are we really never going to talk about it?"

I flip back over so I'm laying on my back and squeeze my eyes shut again. Even the sound of the birds chirping outside my window adds to my longing to punch something right now. "What is there to talk about? There was nothing you weren't getting from me that you got from him. You fucked up, that's it."