Chapter 50

==Maddie's POV==

A crash from the first floor echos all the way to my room, waking me up from one of the most peaceful sleeps I've had all year. The grogginess I feel overtakes me and I close my eyes not long after I've opened them, groaning. It may be fall, but the sun is still shining far too bright and I pull my comforter up over my head.

A minute passes and another loud bang sounds, causing me to push my covers back up and off of me. I still lay there, unable to dicipher what is going on downstairs and wiping my eyes. I went to sleep late last night, up worrying like I always am.

After I had told Ashton the details about what happened last year, I thought I felt better. It turns out it hadn't made much of a difference and now, two weeks later, I still have far too much running through my mind. It could have something to do with how I didn't get to the ending; I didn't tell him how my dad didn't find out until months later or that once he did and we tried to file a report, everyone at school blamed me for what happened. Maybe it has to do with how I didn't get to telling him how I disgusting feel whenever I think about what happened rather than just the play by play.

Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just meant to feel this horrible forever.

Either way, I'm not going to try and figure it out. It was such a pain telling all of that to Ashton and, like I said, that wasn't even everything. It wasn't even the worst of it. I'd rather ignore it and try to forget it like I had been, than relive the moment yet another time. With my luck, telling him the whole story still wouldn't do a single thing and I would only be left with puke on his sheets.

I reach my hand out, still laying down, to grab my phone off of my nightstand. I can't help the groan that I let out when I look at the time -- it's past 1pm. I missed a call and a few text messages from Michael an hour ago, when any normal person would have been awake.

Unlocking my phone, I open my conversation with him and sit up a little. He's the only person that I missed any attempted contact from, which surprises me. Lately, whenever I leave my phone for too long, everyone decides to try and talk to me. Well, all three of my friends at least.

Hey mads, wanna hang out later?

my hair is fading fast :-(

yo...you alive?

I yawn, wiping my eyes again and blinking hard. I completely forgot that earlier in the week, I agreed to helping him dye his hair. Apparently he and Milly haven't been getting along very well and she usually helps him. I don't know anything about dying hair, though. All I've ever done is bleach mine.

I would be happy to have something distract me for a few hours, though, so I figured I might as well try to help if he wants me to.

I just woke up.. I type back, want me to come over now?

I would rather jump into a pool of sharks than get out of bed right now, honestly, but I can't tell him that. I place my phone beside me on my bed and sigh, sitting up more fully. This weekend is going to be a living hell, I can already tell.

"I'm going to kill you!" Cooper's whiny voice reverberates through the walls, making me less sleepy and more alert. I jump as he yells again, "No, f*ck you! She's mine!"

There's another loud crash and then Ashton groans, less coherent, "Ow! Stop it!"

My eyebrows knit together and I swing my legs over the side of the bed and get up to tip toe to my door, pulling it open quietly. The two of the boys have been hanging out a lot more recently; Ashton's request. They spend more time together than Ashton and I do now, actually.