Chapter 45

==Ashton's POV==

"Don't do that!" Milly says loud and clear, as opposed to her previous timidity. A few people passing by turn to look and I wish I could too. Too bad we probably shouldn't risk being seen eavesdropping.

Cooper doesn't make a sound. I think, for a second, maybe he just walked away. But that asshole always has something to say, he's always the last one to speak. Maybe he kissed her again? This is awesome.

"Seriously, what's going on with you? Is this another sick joke?" Milly's voice rings out, proving those assumptions to be false, and my shoulders slump down. Then, Cooper lets out this weird ass cackle.

"I was just trying to figure it out," he says roughly, "I didn't feel anything."

He's obviously trying to sound like a dick, but his voice breaks in the process. I know him well enough to read through that stupid facade. It's what he keeps doing with Maddie and here he is doing it with Milly. Ha, doing it. They should be.

I really just want to get up and get in between them and be like yo dude, just break the frick up with Lily and date this girl who you actually like; who isn't a slut! It would make it easier on all of us, especially me.

But I couldn't do that even if it was a wise decision, because Cooper stomps right past us before I'd have enough time to actually get up. Milly follows him, begging for more of an explanation.

Who could blame her? Cooper could have made this way less complex. Yeah his relationship with Lily is the only one he's ever been in and stuff but I said it once and I'll say it again -- he doesn't love her like he says. He doesn't need to be this considerate of her. Just break up with her for gods sake.

"What a dick," I whisper to Maddie with my chin resting on her shoulder. My hand is still pressed to her mouth and stifles her laughter.

I'd been too focused on Cooper's situation to realize until now, but the way she's sitting with her ass up against my crotch -- there's no nice way to put this -- is giving me a god damn boner. Like, I'm not kidding. This shit happens at the most inopportune times. Also known as: every time I'm close to Maddie at all.

I can't help that I'm ten times more sexually attracted to her than anyone else, okay? It just comes along with liking her more than anyone and caring about her more than anyone. It's a package deal.

As soon as the two of them round a corner and are out of our sight, Maddie bounces up from her spot and my hand falls to my side. What if she felt it? Oh my god, why why why.

I stand too and I didn't know I could regret wearing these board shorts any more than I already did until now. She obviously sees. Anyone nearby can tell. I can't even lift and tuck without it being awkward, Jesus.

I just have to distract myself, I guess. Uhh, math problems, right. 356 times 832...what the hell I can't do math. F*ck. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P....

I glance over to Maddie, who's looking around the food court with her bottom lip in between her teeth. We've probably been standing here for ages not speaking. Or worse -- she said something and I didn't hear it because I'm too busy trying to make my dick flaccid.

"Want to, uh," I clear my throat and she turns her head toward me, "Want to get something to eat?"

Or I could eat you out... I clear my throat again. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm this close to hitting myself in the head. Or better, the dick.

"Yeah, but can we share something? I ate dinner earlier so I'm not that hungry."

I nod, holding my breath now. Sure, Maddie, lets do something cute and coupley while I'm trying to stop thinking about banging you. What a great combination.