Chapter 49

!!TRIGGER WARNING: RAPE!!

==Michael's POV==

Calum's house is practically a sauna, it's so hot. Even sitting on the floor, I could throw up. But then again, I have nothing to throw up because the only way for me to get to the food would be to crowd surf. I'm nowhere near as capable as Ashton is to get through this crowd any other way.

I guess I can add that to the list of ways I could never compare to him. He's all muscular and protective and I'm just a lanky--

I need to stop thinking before I get even more light headed.

I shake my head and take a big gulp from my water; it's as warm as the air around me and bottle is almost empty. I lift it eye-level to consider how I'm going to ration the little bit left to last me another four hours and my arm feels like it's filled with lead. I'm exhaused already and I wish I could leave.

Milly went running the moment she spotted Cooper -- I have no idea how she got past everyone or even saw him in the first place. Regardless, she left me to sit here and I haven't seen her since. The only reason I'm here is because she wanted me to be some kind of way to make Cooper jealous.

What a joke.

As sad as it sounds, I would rather be eating Chinese food by myself right now than at this party. I came so that we could keep up the tradition of spending Halloween together but clearly she couldn't give any less of a shit.

I push the hood of my onesie off my head and run my hands through my hair. If I'm being honest, there's got to be more sweat than hair at this point. By mistake, I take in a deep breath and the only thing I can smell is vodka and B.O. I cover my mouth and gag.

The door swings open again and I look up. Each time that it does, I'll hope I get a gust of wind blown my way, but that's never the case. It's too crowded in here for any air to get to me at all. Ashton bursts in with a pained expression instead, making sure I'm still where I was when he left and shoving past everyone to get to me. Shit.

I'm barely on my feet before he scrunches two handfuls of my costume in his fists and has me pinned to the wall I was just sitting against. From the look on his face, he wants to kill me. Considering I keep all of his f*cking secrets and he owes me more than I owe him, I can only wonder why.

"Dude, what the hell?!" I shriek, knocking my legs against the wall. I'm not even touching the ground.

"You saw her, didn't you?" He says, his grip tightening on me, "You saw her with Calum and you didn't tell me because you're helping them too!"

"What are you talking about? I didn't see anyone with anyone!" I say. He better be able to see how confused I am, because if not I swear he's going to break me in half. He could break me in half if he wanted to.

He breathes out through his nose, his teeth gritted. A look of sudden realization comes over him and he lets me down before moving his hand forward to mess up my hair again. I flinch away from him with a glare.

"What's your problem?"

My question only erupts more anger in him. "My problem is all of a sudden everyone, even people who are supposed to be my friends, are f*cking helping Luke with his stupid f*cking schemes and Maddie isn't in the f*cking car."

"I'm not helping Luke!"

"Not you, you idiot," He rolls his eyes and I let out a sigh. I would very much rather be eating Chinese food by myself right now. Ashton takes a moment to look around before he has his hands on me again, placing them on either of my shoulders and shaking me, "Did you not hear me? Something happened to Maddie!"