Ch. 3: Hiding and Thorn(s)

Spaceman was called away for something involving the band. I was bored with just sitting in the green room, so I decided to take a walk. I had somehow made it outside without getting lost in the catacombs. I was very wary as I walked because of the feeling earlier. I walked past people who seemed to be having the time of their lives. I chuckled lowly. As I walked on the edge of the court yard in front of the Dynasty Star Ferris Wheel when I heard Demon's voice.

"Why?" He sounded annoyed. That's normal but he actually seemed to be fine just about 20 minutes ago. What could have caused it? I walked down an ally between some of the games and his voice got louder. If that's possible. Other voices came up too. An opening came up but I stayed in the ally. I peaked around the corner to see all the guys.

"Calm down Demon." Starchild tried to calm Demon down but he wasn't having it.

"How am I supposed to calm down! Items are disappearing from the park, mysterious people running through the park, and now that girl from the Scooby Gang showing up! All this stuff happening and the little shy girl shows up! She'll get in the way! Not to mention she said she felt like someone was watching her. More trouble!" I had flinched when he yelled about me being shy and in the way.

"Hey it's not her fault that someone is watching her or that the other stuff is happening!" Spaceman defended.

"And she did help us with saving the park." Catman continued. Their claims made me smile but what Demon said still hurt. They continued to argue over all the things  Demon said. I moved slightly and the movement caught Catman's eye. He moved to see past Starchild. I darted back around the corner where I couldn't see any of them.

"Hello?" I heard Catman call. I pressed myself against the wall and squeezed my eyes shut. "Is anyone there?" The other guys had gone quiet. I heard them come closer to the ally. I bolted. I was almost at the end of the ally when I heard them yell.

"Hey!" I kept running. I tried to figure out where to go. I saw the building where the supervisors office was at. I got there I shot through the doors. I lent against the wall right inside the door, struggling to catch my breath. I opened the door slightly and looked at the ally. They were standing just inside it looking around.

"Hey!" I whipped around to see a security guard standing there. "What are you doing in here! No civilians allowed!" I tried to get words out but couldn't. He grabbed me by the arm. "You need to..." He was cut off by another voice.

"What's with all the noise? What's with all the rukus?" A voice shouted. We both turned to see Manny Goldman.

"Sir this girl is in a restricted area." Mr. Goldman looked at me and his eyes widened.

"No she's not." He got a weird look from the guard. "I mean yes this is a restricted area but she's allowed."

"What do you mean sir?"

"She is a friend of the guys. She was one of those mystery solvers that got rid of the Crimson Witch!" The guard just stood there and blankly looked at him. "So let her go."

"Oh!" He let go of my arm and apologized. "I'm sorry miss. I'm sorry sir. I didn't know."

"It's fine. Just go back to work." the guard nodded and walked off. "I'm sorry. He's new. He was hired after Delilah was arrested."

"It's fine Mr. Goldman." I said as I rubbed the area his hand was at.

"Please call me Manny. Miss...I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember you name."

"Avery Cromwell." I whispered.

"Well Miss Avery. What are you doing here?" He lead me to his office.