Chp. 4: A Bear of an Attack

As they walked back to the main stage area, Thorn followed but I stayed behind. She noticed and stopped. She waited until they guys were out of ear shot to speak up.

"Avery?" She said softly. I looked up at her slightly. Tears were in the corners of my eyes. "Oh Avery." She came over and hugged me. "What's wrong?"

"It's just...they don't want me here. Demon hates me and the others act like  their okay with me but I know their not!" I cried out.

"Oh daring. That can't be true." She tried to soothe me.

"But it is! Demon even said that I was only going to get in the way! They don't like me!"

"Okay did any if them stick up for you?" I nodded and wiped my tears with my sleeve. "And how do they act around you? Annoyed? Sweet? Care-free?" I thought about it for a second

"Care-free and sweet. Except Demon he is always annoyed." I said quietly.

"Well there you go Daring. They like you! And if Demon always acts like that then nothing to worry about." She ran her hand up and down my arm in comfort. "And don't forget you thought us Hex Girls didn't like you, now look at us!" I laughed and shoke my head.

"You're right."

Spaceman's POV

We we're walking toward the main stage when I didn't hear either of the girls behind. I turned to see them way back where we started. I heard the other guys stop just as, Thorn I think it was, hugged Avery. I took a step toward them when a hand grabbed my arm. I turned back to see Gene standing there with an apologetic look.

"Leave them. Obviously their best friends and maybe Thorn can calm her down to a good start to talk."

"Yeah maybe." I turned away from the girls and started to walk away. Paul and  Peter walked ahead while me and Gene  stalked behind.

"I'm sorry." I turned my head toward Gene.

"What?" 

"I'm sorry for what I said about Avery. It was uncalled for." He clarified. "I plan to apologise to her too. If you're wondering. I know you care for her and I had no right to say that about her. I was just annoyed about everything else and said stupid things." I stayed silent as we walked into stage. I stopped and crossed my arms. He moved in front of me.

"It's okay. Just make sure she knows how this went down and how you feel. She seems to be used to people not liking her and I don't like that." I admitted.

"I noticed that too." He agreed. 

"And she's insecure about something's it seems." Paul chimed in. Peter nodded his head in agreement. I looked off to the house of the arena.

"But what caused it all?" I asked out loud. Before we could say anything else, we heard screaming. We all became alert quick.

"Isn't the park closed?" Peter asked.

"Yeah it is." Paul answered him. We all looked at each other.

"The girls." All four of us said at once.

Avery's POV

Thorn and I started to walk to the stage slowly.

"So do they know about your past?" Thorn asked.

"No." We both went silent again.

"Oh I never got an answer so what's with the dark feeling?" She piped up.

"Oh I don't know really. Not long after I got to the park and was found by Spaceman this feeling of being watched came around."

"Was it always this dark?"