Chp. 6: Gabriel

Spaceman's POV

Phil told us what he knew and I couldn't make a sound. I put my head in my hands. 

"I knew I should have gone with you." I said under my breath.

"It's not you fault, Spaceman." Starchild put his hand on my shoulder again.

"I'm gonna find him and I'm going to kill him." Thorn said. I looked up at her and it was like a steam was coming out her ears.

"Miss calm..." Phil started to say.

"Don't tell me to calm down. She's my best friend!" She nearly screamed.

"Did you recognize the man Phil?" He shook his head to Cat's question.

"No but he should show up on the security cameras."

"Let's go then." Star said. I stood up and walked slowly toward the security room. The others were ahead of me but Thorn stopped to let me catch up with her.

"We'll find her." She said to me.

"I know. I won't stop until I do." I stopped and so did she.

"You really like her don't you?" I nodded.

"Yeah. I don't know what it is. I just...ever since we met I've been drawn to her." I confessed. "And it makes me crazy mad knowing someone had the nerve to do this." She laid a calming hand on my arm.

"Me too but we need to keep our heads." I agreed. 

"Yeah. I won't let her down." 

Avery's POV

The man had tied my feet together before he went somewhere. Silent tears were still running down my face as I looked around. I saw some items from KISS World scattered around the room.

"He's the one who has been stealing from the park." I whispered. I then looked around trying to find something to get the binds off. I saw a knife on a near by table. I carefully moved toward it. I reached out for a second until I heard a door in the distance. 

"Oh Avery! I'm back." The man's voice rung through the air. I quickly lunged a bit and grabbed the knife. I quickly hid it under my leg just as he walked into the door. "Oh my dear, did you have fun while I was gone?" I stayed silent. He smirked. " Are you not going to talk my dear?" He already knew the answer. He walked over to the table in front of me. He went to pick up a piece of paper but paused. I sat still. He looked at me then continued to pick it up.

"He noticed the knife was gone. I'm screwed!" I thought to myself in panic. He left the room. I took the knife and quickly cut the binds on my feet and hands . I got up and quickly moved around the room heading toward the exit. That was until something caught my eye. It was amongst the items from the park. It was a book. I moved toward it. The design on the book was intricate and familiar. I opened it.

"It's Chikara's book." I said out loud. I froze and looked toward the door, listening to make sure he didn't hear me. I flipped the pages, past the story of the Crimson Witch until the pages turned on their own suddenly to a page with the man on it. I looked around the page in confusion. I caught sight of writing. "Gabriel."

"I see you found something you like." I dropped the book and whipped around. He was standing behind me. He started walking toward me. I backed up until my back hit the wall. He looked at the book. The pages had turned when it was dropped to the page that showed the protectors of the rock. He growled. "KISS. What a joke."

"What?" I accidentally said out loud. He looked amused.

"They're a joke." He moved to where he was right in front of me. "How they became the protectors of the Rock of KISSteria. They basically were handed the job when they didn't deserve it." He became distracted. I took the chance and bolted. "Hey!"