Chp. 7: Fierce Encounters

Avery's POV

Gabriel had taken me back to the room before but only for a little while. He then moved me what seemed to be a study work room. I was still in the light trap.

"Avery Cromwell." He paused. "Does your multi-linguistic ability and ability of understanding help you?" My eyes widen.

"How did he know?" I thought to myself in confusion.

"Confused? Wondering how I knew?" I slightly nodded. "Well you see my dear girl..." He came up to me and ran a hand down my face and arm. "I've been watching you for awhile. Actually ever since you and KISS defeated the Crimson Witch. Even though I technically wasn't aloud in KISSteria."

"Why?" I whispered.

"You intrigued me. From the moment I saw you once you came to KISSteria. I also saw how much Spaceman cared for you." He grabbed me by the arm and the trap disappeared. He started to pull me from the room. "Spaceman and I used to be friends until he wronged me. Now I want my revenge. He..." He stopped short when he passed a window. "Shit." He quickly pulled me and pushed me into a room.

"Ahh! Oww!" I looked at him from my spot on the floor.

"And now. He is here and I'll be able to exact my revenge." He grabbed the door. "Hope your time with him was sweet!" He slammed the door.

"No!" I got up and launched myself against the door. Banging on it , trying to get it open with no avail. I slide down the door in tears.

Spaceman's POV

We were walking up on the warehouse very quietly.

"Is this the place you saw Starchild?" Demon asked.

"Yes." We walked toward the door. Cat tried the handle and it opened. He looked at the rest of us and we went in.

"That was easy." Catman said.

"Yeah. Too easy." Starchild said. Just after he said that there was a loud noise. A set of bars went down across the door and then a wall separated us.

"What the hell?" Demon and I were on one side.

"He knows were here." I said.

"There's no point in staying here." Demon motioned to the wall.

"Yeah." We walked away from there and went throughout the place. We were finding nothing. "We're not getting enough ground covered."

"Let's split up." We went our separate ways. Something was pulling me down a certain hall. I opened a certain door and was blinded.

Avery's POV

I was sitting against the door in hopelessness. Suddenly there was a bright light and then it was gone. I looked up to see Chikara's book laying in front of me.

"What the..." I picked it up and opened it. The pages immediately started turning until they stopped on Gabriel's page. The trim of the page started to glow. My abilities were rising. "What caused Gabriel to hate Ace?" A vision started.

~Vision~

Ace was sitting outside a conference hall in KISSteria when Gabriel walked up.

"Hey Space Ace! What's up?"

"Not much. Just waiting for the results."

"Yeah. you heard who the other three are, right?"

"Yep. Starchild, Demon, and Catman. Lucky cats." They both laughed.

"Not to be rude or anything but I got this in the bag. You hear that?" A couple of people walked by. "I'm going to be the 4th protector. No doubt about it!" He said boastful and prideful.