Chp. 8: Bonding and Explanations

Avery's POV

Just as we were at the exit is when I remembered something. 

"Wait a minute. I need to go get something." I left Ace with Starchild.

"What? Avery!" I ran back to the way we came and snuck past an unconscious Gabriel to the room Cat found me in. I looked around and found Chikara's book and a bag to put it in. I put it on my shoulder and ran back to the rest.

"What was so important?" Demon growled. I breathed deeply.

"I'll show you later. Let's go." We got outside and Demon came over to me, picked me up, and took off. Cat did the same to Thorn and Starchild was Ace. We flew for a bit and finally landed back in the park. Ace was taken to the infirmary. We all waited as he was treated. No one said anything but there was an elephant in the room.

"He will be fine." The park doctor came out with Ace in tow. We all went back to the green room.

"Do you want to explain why you risked everything running back toward him?" Demon growled out the question.

"Demon, calm down." Starchild called.

"But..." He stopped to breath. "Okay, okay. I'm calm."

"Avery. What was so important you had to go back?" Ace asked me softly.

"Well, I found something while I was under with hold." I took the bag from my shoulder. I pulled out the book and laid it on the table.

"Chikara's book!" They said.

"Where did you find this?" Cat asked.

"The first room he had me in had a lot of the missing stuff from the park in it. I had got loose but was distracted when I saw this. It opened on it's own to me to this page." I opened it and found Gabriel's page. I set it down on the table again. "I just thought it would help." I went to the other side of the room and sat down.

"It opened to both of them." Cat said. 

"The book, old guitar picks from us three, and an old pair of your drum sticks and other things. What does he need all of those for?" I heard Star say.

"Nothing good mot likely." Demon grumbled. I moved my feet up onto the couch and curled into the back. They continued to talk as I wondered and let my mind think about the things that were taken.

"What is it about those items?" I whispered out loud. I must have dozed off because I was startled awake by Catman picking me up and carrying  me.

"Shh. You're okay. It's only me." He said. I looked over and saw Ace walking next to him. "He's not allowed to do much with his injury." He got a silent glare from Ace. I giggled.

"Where are we going?"

"My dressing room." Ace said. We made it there and Ace opened the door. We entered and Ace  went to another door I never noticed before.

"That wasn't there before." I said out loud. They both laughed and I blushed. Behind the door was a bedroom. Cat set me down on the couch and went to leave. "I could have walked!" He just shrugged and left.

"Here Avery." I saw Ace handing me some clothes. I gave him confused look. "To sleep in." 

"Oh. Okay." I blushed again. He showed me the bathroom. After I closed the door, I stood for a second in silence. I then put the clothes down and turned the shower on. I let the water run over my tense muscles. After I was clean, I got out and got dresses. 

"Feel better?" Ace asked as I walked out. I nodded as I used the towel on my soaked hair. He had also changed into sleep clothes.

"How are you feeling?" I stood in front of him in the shirt he gave me.