Ch. 13: Screw You Thrice Over

I kept looking out the window for any sign of the others. My hopes were starting to dwindle as time passed. They also fell more with the sounds that were coming from the other side of the barrier. Animal growls and wails grew more and more prominent.

"They don't even know where I am." I whispered to myself. I felt tears running down my cheeks. With my wrist throbbing, I slid down the wall and curling into a ball. Sobs racked through my chest as I made it to the floor.

"Oh, what do we have here?" Gabriel walked toward me. "Finally accepting that you can do nothing? That your "heroes" can do nothing?" He knelt down in front of me. I glared through the tears.

"Screw you." I said while tugging on the cuff.

"Oh, Avery, Avery, Avery." He gave me a sadistic smile. Next thing I knew, he took off the cuff and drug me by bicep into the other room.

"Ow! Let me go you maniac!" I scratched at his hand.

"Look here." He jerked me against a railing. I looked over the edge to see a zoo of demon animals. I gasped in fear, trying to get away. "Amazing isn't it."

"NO!" I pulled against him hard enough and broke his hold. I hit the ground hard. I turned toward him.

"It's only a matter of little time and we are ready to destroy this retched place." He came closer. "Then we will move onto your precious world."

"You're doing all of this to get back at Ace? He didn't even do anything!" I screamed. Getting up, I lashed out. "It was all you! You screwed up your own chances. Not him."

"You know nothing!"

"I know everything! I have seen it." I yelled. As soon as I said it his eyes widened in surprise. I regretted saying it.

"You saw it?" He took menacing steps toward me. I backed up into the railing again. His hands set themselves on both sides of me, locking me in. "You saw it. So you do have powers."

"N-n-noo." I stuttered. His face was mere inches from mine.

"Oh don't deny it. You can see the past, can't you? You saw the day I was passed over for your precious Spaceman. I bet you have even seen the day I was cast out of KISSteria." He chuckled. "Am I right?"

"What of it?" I whispered. He chuckled and moved even closer to me.

"Just a useful fact." He stared at me. "You could survive this you know. Just accept what I am to do and I will spare you. Chose to exist with me." His lips brushed me cheek.

"And let everyone else suffer?" I asked in disbelief. "No. There is no way I would betray them for the likes of you." I pushed at his chest. He stumbled back but caught himself. His shoulders tensed and his hard gaze slowly turned back to me.

"Fine." He shot forward and grabbed my neck. "Then you shall go first." He growled, tied something around my eyes, and drug me along again. He threw me to my knees when we got to where ever he wanted. He suddenly grabbed my arms and tied them behind my back.

"Stop!" He was done and then quickly left the room.

Ace's POV

The other stood in front of Star and I, taking in the information we delivered. We had brought every piece of paper and photos we found in the room to present. The Elder looked them over.

"The stormtracker building." She said out loud. "I should have had the idea. Storm and Tracks were family of his." She told us. "Big enough to hide in and do whatever he wants without being noticed."

"I don't think we need to be going in full charger then." Star said.

"No, it would not be wise." She held the capital map. "He will know almost every inch of that building. You have to be smart and use stealth to gain entranced undetected."

"We need a plan." Cat stated. They conversed on what to do. My thoughts went to Avery and what he could be doing to her. My anxiety was through the roof. Kidnapping her on Earth is one thing but in our world is another.

"Spaceman?" I came out of my thoughts. I looked at Demon. "We'll get her back." I nodded.

"We plan to go at first just the four of us at first. The Elder will be waiting for a signal close enough to see but far enough to not be detected. I will scan the exterior of the building to find a way in and see if I can find Avery or Gabriel."

"Next we go with whatever we find. We find Avery, we get her out first. We find Gabriel, we then will deal with him. We find them together, then will roll with the punches."

"As much as I wish we had a better plan..." The Elder started. "It is all we can do. The situation is unpredictable. We have to play with the cards we have been dealt. Now go. We will be right behind you."

We took off at lightning speed toward the Stormtracker building. My anxiety levels rose with every foot we got closer, not knowing what we would find. Once, closer we spread out, letting Star scan the building.

"Over here." We followed him inside and landed. "Now we move without our auras." We crept along a terrace until we came across a wide open area. In the middle of the room was a figure.

"Is that..." Laughing cut Cat off. Gabriel walked into the room.

"You were right Miss Avery. They shouldn't have left." He walked over and ripped off the blindfold.

"Avery." I leant over the railing. I tuned out what he was saying, only focusing on her. She looked so scared as her eyes locked on him. She started to back up, terrified. My gaze locked on Gabriel and him aiming at her. I lost control and threw myself over the edge, flying right at him.

Avery's POV

He didn't not come back for some time. When he did, laughing. Laughing was all I heard in the blackness of the room. I could feel the binds on my hands and the tight cloth around my eyes.

"You were right Miss Avery. They shouldn't have left." I heard Gabriel's voice. The cloth was ripped from my head. I blinked at the sudden light. I looked up and saw Gabriel. He had a sickening smile on his face.

"What?" I pulled at the bonds that held my hands behind my back. He laughed again.

"Prepare yourself Avery. The worst has yet to come." He raised his hand and light encircled it. I started to backup. He shot his hand forward, shooting the light in my direction.

"AHH!"