Ch. 15: Need to See

"NO!" As Gabriel yelled, every demon animal that was around froze. Murmurs of confusion spread throughout the area. The Gyro Krystal pulsed with light and began turning. I took my hand away and it remained in place in thin air.

"What's going on?" Cat asked out loud.

"The Krystal can do so much more than just create these creatures. It can control them, alter them, and even give them their own consciousness. It can do so much more then you even know Gabriel." I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned and saw The Elder. She was smiling.

"You can finally and completely see. You have finally embraced it." I nodded.

"You need to open your mind to the world, Gabriel." I turned back to him. He was glaring at me. I reached up and tapped the device. It flashed extremely bright before the animals started to shake and disappear. "Especially to the things all around. To the things you even refuse to see."

"You will regret this."

"How? How Gabriel? Look around." I motioned around to the now quiet yard. "You do not hold any cards. You have lost. Your revenge will not happen, not while I have this."

"I hate this new found confidence of yours." I chuckled at his child-like comeback. I shook my head. "I stand by my views."

"Then maybe..." I paused, looking off a little seeing Thorn run up. She stood next to me. "Maybe you need to take another look." I looked down at my hand and it started to glow. I waved it slowly in front of me.

"What are you doing?" Ace asked. As he finished the question, the world around us started to ripple. It transformed into the day that the guardians were chose, the one I saw.

"Woah."

"Wow."

"Show off." I smirked at Thorn's comment. Before us, Gabriel's gloating unfolded. We saw the council walk up in the process.

"You screwed yourself over. Just listen to yourself and read the look on their faces. You sealed your fate when you got over confident in yourself and chose to talk out your ass about it."

"I, I, I." Gabriel stuttered. We all watched as he grew angry and stormed off. Instead of staying with Ace, the picture followed Gabriel. It followed all the way to the warehouse. Then we heard him start talking.

"You complete idiot, you ruined your chances." He shot a trash can with a light beam, He paced. "Wait no, no. It's Ace's fault, just like you said. But you're the one that was running your mouth. But if you weren't talking to Ace, you'd a guardian now. So yes, it is Ace's fault. And he won't get away with it." He made an evil smirk. The picture blurred out and changed to a sequence of him falling more and more into the criminal style.

"All of this falls on you. You could have owned to your mistake and we wouldn't be in this situation. You could be a free man and not bond for the big house." I told him as the world around us faded back into reality.

"Trippy." Demon muttered. Gabriel stood silent. Then he started to chuckle.

"You are right. But that shouldn't surprise anyone. You're a member of Mystery Inc. The world foremost detective group. Combine that with your powers and you can never be wrong. Well except for one thing."

"And what is that?" I asked. He smiled wide.

"I'm not goin' to the big house." He took off in a shot and flew towards the out lands.

"After him!" The Elder yelled. KISSterians took off as well as The Elder. I tilted my head in thought. Star and Demon took off but I caught Cat and Ace before they could.

"Cat, Ace, Wait." They slide to a stop. They sent me a look of confusion. "That wasn't him. It was an illusion. He would give up himself just like that." I grabbed the Gyro Krystal out of the air and concentrated. A wolf appeared in front of us.

"Avery. What are you doing?" Ace asked. I smiled at him.

"Come here boy." The wolf tentatively walked over. He sniff my outstretched hand before nudging it. "Can you find Gabriel?" It lifted his head and sniffed the air. He then walked the ground until he caught the scent. He howled in warning before taking off in the opposite direction the others went.

"Let's go!" Cat said before grabbing Thorn by the waist and taking off.

"Good job." Ace said. I turned toward him. "I knew you had it in you. I'm so proud of you," I smiled and placed my hands on his shoulders before kissing him.

"Thank you for believing in me."

"Of course. Now, let's go." He picked me up and flew. I held on tight as he caught up with Catman and Thorn. The wolf ran through the city and towards City Hall. It stopped at the door and started pawing at the door. We landed and I walked up to the wolf

"Inside?" I asked. It nodded and made an impatient noise. I opened the door and it ran in fast. We ran after it. Up stairs and down many halls before it stopped by a double door. "What's in here?"

"High Records." Ace said. He pushed open the door and I saw his guard was up. I followed and so did the others. We walked around. "This is where the records and history of the biggest events are stored."

"Oh." Thorn and I stopped and went a separate way with the wolf. He was sniffing around and kept turning in circles. I hadn't noticed Thorn had disappeared until I heard her voice raise.

"You need to grow up." I walked that way with the wolf by my side. I was met by the boys. They gave me a confused look. I just shrugged my shoulders. We walked until we found her. We found her berating Gabriel. I chuckled and leant against a bookcase.

"Was wondering when she would let lose."

"What do you mean?" Cat asked.

"I mean she's a rock diva. She was bound to chew someone out eventually." I told them. "And she found Gabriel so two birds with one stone." We watched until Gabriel finally caught sight of us behind Thorn. He quickly grabbed Thorn and held her hostage.

"I will win."

"Doing what? What will you prove in here?"

"That it was supposed to be me." He exclaimed. "That it was supposed to be me." He whispered it again as he let go of Thorn and turned toward a cabinet. He started to sift through the boxes and papers. The boys moved to stop him but I held up a hand.

"Let him." I said. "He needs it. There is an underlying layer of doudt in him."

"He doubts himself and ability. He has since that day." We whipped around to see The Elder, Starchild, and Demon coming up behind us. "He needs to see himself, for himself."