Ch. 12: Voice

Ace's POV

We sped back to the capital as fast as we could. It was silent as we got their and that started to worry me. I looked around and did not see anything that stood out as strange. We landed just before we heard the yelling. We all looked at each other.

"Is that...Thorn?" Catman said. We got down from the ship and walked through the already open doors to the main hall. Inside stood the Elder, Thorn, and a few other of the high KISSterian warriors.

"What's going on?" Star asked. They all looked at us.

"Guardians. Gabriel..."

"What happened is the psyco-maniac has taken Avery again!" Thorn yelled. "He waltz right into town and got into that room, chased her and freaking took her again! Don't you have any other warriors that could have, oh I don't know, been standing guard?" Thorn flung her arms and red sparks flew from her hands.

"Um, Thorn?" Cat stepped forward. She turned around while her hand was still out and some furniture on next to us flew back. Her expression went from pissed to shock.

"Oh, sorry. I'm... I am a Wicca so..." She scratched the back of her head.

"So Avery was taken?" I said. The Elder nodded. I sighed, looked down, than took off in the direction of the room that they had placed Avery. I landed at the doors to the room and took a breath before turning the door knob. The room had nothing out of the ordinary. I walked over to the sofa and sat down.

I ran my hands through my hair and rested my hands on the back of my neck. I brought one hand forward and let the electricity encircle it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the light reflect off of something. I turned my head and saw a box on the floor. Something was off.

"What the..." I walked over to it. There was originally nothing in the box and now there were pictures and papers scattered across the floor and in the box. There was also a small box was also sitting in the middle of everything.

"Spaceman." Starchild called stepping into the room. I picked up some of the pictures and saw a capture of us and the Scooby Gang back against the Crimson Witch. "What are those?"

"Photographs." I picked up another of Avery and I by the water fountains. "Of Avery and everyone. Even back to the mystery." I picked up a document. It was a manifest of everything missing from the park. "And information on the missing stuff."

"How did this...where to this come from?" Star said. He picked up a map of the capital. We riffled through the papers and pictures. They all consisted of events between us and Gabriel, Avery and Gabriel, and us with the Scooby Gang.

"They all consist of past events. Things that Avery has seen." I said. I looked at the map and from the side, there was a glimmer. "Wait a minute." I picked it up and went over to the table setting it down.

"Ace? What is it?"

"I saw something on the map." I lit my hand up and raised it above the map. The glimmer I saw before came into view. There was a circle drawn around an old building on the outskirts of town.

"The old Stormtracker building?" I looked at the rest of the map and saw an "x" on the building we are in now, a slash on a random street. But what caught my attention was the symbol on the bottom corner. A light blue raindrop.

"Avery. This looks just like her necklace." Star moved back over to the other papers. He looked them over.

"It's on all of them." He picked up the little box. "These are all from Avery." I looked at him and then back to the map.

"If that's true...then she gave us the exact location of where they are." My hand pointed to the circle. I locked eyes with Star. He nodded. He looked down and fingered the lock.

"Then that's where we'll go."

Avery's POV

I stared at the wall opposite of me while mindlessly playing with the cuff on my wrist. I was trying to stay calm as I heard Gabriel working on the other side of the barrier. We were in some kind of old lab. I growl made me jump and look to the left.

"Oh my god!" The lion was next to me. I jumped up and backed away slowly.

"Haha. I see the kitty has found his way back." Gabriel laughed as he walked over. The lion kept coming toward me. I backed up until the chain on the restraint was taunt. I pulled against it.

"You're a mad man!" I yelled. He just laughed. He waved his hand and the lion disappeared. "You are absolutely crazy." I said in a normal voice.

"Oh, I know that darling." He said before turning around. I glared at his back.

"You'll never get away with this." I said in a low voice. He stopped and turned toward me.

"What was that?"

"I said you'll never get away with this." He cocked his head.

"Well, well, well. Little Miss Shyness has got a voice now. Huh?" He had a dangerous look on his face.

"You made the mistake of taking me in front of the Elder and Thorn. They have probably already told KISS about it. They will be coming for you and will stop you." He took fast steps toward me and grabbed me rough by my chin.

"Listen here. I don't care if those wenches tell or not. KISS will not stop me no matter what they do." He threw me to the ground hard. The air was forced from my lungs. I looked up at him. "Plus, I have a weakness of theirs." He walked away.

"No, no, no." I whimpered as I tried to catch my breath. I set my head on my arms. I moved slowly, getting up. I put my weight on the wall and looked out the broken window.

"Prepare yourself Avery." I gave him a side glance. "The world you know is about to change forever."