Chapter 3: Ice Castle

You snuck out of the hot springs place early that morning, so silent and swift that you were sure no one woke up, not even that Yuri Katsuki boy.
It was snowing, the air even more chillier than it was on the previous day.
You felt the snowflakes land perfectly on your face, making you sigh in relief, for it was really hot in that place you called your "base."
There was no way you were calling it home, that's for sure.
You strolled on the sidewalk, hearing the swishing of the beautiful ocean waves on the sandy beaches, seagulls calling to each other.
A fisherman happily waved to you while holding his fishing rod in the other...
You hesitantly waved back to him and kept walking, keeping your head low, your long bangs covering your eyes.
You never socialized with other people ever since joining the military.
You just worried about your training, your missions and your objective...
Plus, socializing wasn't your biggest thing to do, you were honestly an introvert.
After traveling a few miles, you finally found the place you were searching for: The Ice Castle, Hasetsu's only ice rink.
You took a deep breath and quietly entered, suddenly being greeted by a woman standing behind the counter, cleaning one ice skate in her hands.
She had large, chestnut brown eyes with reddish-brown hair that she wore in a short, messy ponytail. She also wore a high-collared white jacket with a hot pink turtle neck sweater underneath.
You recognized this young woman...

"...Yuuko..."

"Welcome to Hasetsu Ice Castle, what can I help you with-"

She looks up from the skate to you and suddenly her smile disappears, replaced with an expression of bemuse.
You place both your gloved hands on the counter, acting all wholehearted to the owner.

"I need a pair of skates please...and don't let anyone else into the rink, I want to practice on my own...understood?"

Yuuko, the person you knew from your past, nods her head, then gives you a pair of skates, just your size.
You then entered the next room, completely ignoring her stare.
As you place the skates on, Yuuko converses with her husband,
Takeshi Nishigori, both wondering who you were and why you were there...
Back at the hot springs, Yuri Katsuki knocks on your door, holding neatly folded towels for you.

"Uhhh ohiyo? (Y/n)-Chan? Are you awake?"
( '△`)

He opens the door, finding your room empty except your things were laying on the floor, all organized.
He scratches his head.

"Strange...where'd she go? Maybe she went out into the town...I'll have to find her."
(^_^)

Yuri puts on his brown coat, blue scarf and beanie, then rushes out of the house just to find you, excitement and nervousness filling him up.
You haven't been on the ice for many years, so the feeling was strange when you took that first step on the thick ice, your steps suddenly feeling light as a feather.
You remembered your parents always taking you to this old place ever since you were young and they would always skate with you...
No one was going to hold your hands on the ice now, you were on your own.
In frustration, you began to pick up speed in every step you took, gritting your teeth.
And then out of nowhere, you performed a double axel jump, perfectly landing on it.
Yuuko and her husband caught you doing it, they were amazed to see a new skater in town...
You felt relieved after doing that jump that you did another jump, this time, it was a triple salchow.
Yuuko couldn't believe her eyes, you weren't just a soldier...you were a talented skater!

"Takeshi...I remember this woman now..."
(。・o・。)

"Who is she? She's...perfect."
(・□・;)

"It's...(Y/n)! (Y/n) (L/n)! From our childhood, remember?! Wow! She's still skating! I thought she gave up after her parents..."

Yuuko's soft voice trails off as she continues watching your moves...she was just so entranced by it.
You felt more open after every step, after every jump and spin you did on that ice, you felt like the real you again, the one that always smiled, always laughed, was never broken from the start...
After you ended your skating fun,
you heard clapping coming from the sidelines and when you whipped around, not only did you see Yuuko and Takeshi cheering for you...you also saw Yuri Katsuki staring right at you, his brown eyes filled with amazement.