Chapter 14: Heart of Glass

How can Viktor do this to Yuri...?
What is he trying to accomplish?
Doesn't he know that he has a heart of glass?
If so, why would he try to shatter it?
Why would he try to shatter him?!

Viktor's blue eyes widened at the sight of you, he never knew you were eavesdropping the whole time. So did Yuri.
Yuri's mouth drops open.

"(Y-Y/n)...?"

"Why am I the idiot here...?"

Viktor questioned you while crossing his arms, his face filled with stern and annoyance.
You grit your teeth in anger and hatred as you balled your fists.

"Because you were going to resign! You! The Viktor Nikiforov! The 5-time gold medalist! Already giving up on his own student! You may or may not be the murderer of my parents, but I do know now that you are a coward..."

"(Y/n)..."

"No! This time I am right and you know it! You really think that shattering this poor boy's heart is going to motivate him?! No! You're making him worse than he already is! Can't you see that?!"

You screamed, causing Viktor to take a step back. Yuri didn't say anything, he just stood there as tears formed in his eyes.
Just seeing him cry like this...it made you hurt and even more angry at the person who caused this: Viktor Nikiforov himself.
Viktor reaches out to you with his hand, shaking.

"(Y/n) please...I'm forced to do this-"

"Oh please! As if! You can't just resign right on the spot! That's stupid! What kind of coach would you be then, huh?!"

Your words hit Viktor hard...
He knew you were right, so right about doing this decision.
You were right about him being a bad coach...he didn't have any other words to say.
He lowers his head, avoiding eye contact with you as he then walked back to the entrance.
You growl at him.

"Where are you going now...?"

"...back out...you have a few minutes to spare, Yuri"

He replies, never turning back on you and his student.
You heard Yuri sniffling, then began sobbing right there.
You approached him...and embraced him, letting him sob into your shoulder like he did with you when you were upset back in China.
It was fair after all.
Yuri gripped your uniform, rubbing his wet eyes and snot on the sleeve.

"O-oh (Y/n)..."

"Katsuki..."

"(Y-Y/n)..."

"Katsuki..."

"(Y-Y/n)-"

"Geez, man up will you?!"
(>_<)

Your sudden outburst caused Yuri to quickly stop crying and stare at you, blushing.
You sigh, then rest both your hands on his shoulders, staring into those chocolate brown eyes of his with your (e/c) ones.
You weren't going to hurt him again, no, you were going to do the right thing and that was to show him your real colors. By definition, the real YOU.

"Yuri, don't let his words shatter that fragile heart of yours...from now on, listen to me. Listen to my advice no matter what..."

"B-but!"

"No, no buts mister...now listen, this isn't the Yuri I've met back in my childhood...this isn't the Yuri that always knew what to do in situations like this...this isn't the Yuri who's always motivated...no, you're a weak, nervous wreck Yuri...and I want the real you back, I want the Yuri Katsuki that I had a crush on back then!"

"(Y-Y-Y/n)?"
°o°;)

"No...you're not allowed to say my first name till you show me the real you, the real Yuri Katsuki I remember...got it?"

Yuri couldn't believe what you were saying right then and there; you wanted to see him, the real Yuri Katsuki, not this nervous wreck of a ice skater!
Your words were so empowering to him...it made him more motivated than he ever was before...
And it was all because of you.
This (Y/n) (L/n) was different from the bitter cold one he met back at the train station...this was the (Y/n) (L/n) who he loved in the ice skating club.
You may not to be kind still, but he knows that you will be someday...and someday, he will see that cheerful smile of yours.
He nods, then hugs you, blushing and shivering.

"(L/n)...thank you"

"Yeah yeah...now go out there and show Viktor-no, show ME what you got what it takes to be an ice skater~"

You smirk while holding him, warmth surrounding the both of you.
What you two didn't know was that Veronica was hiding behind a pillar nearby...and there was a wicked smile across her face.