Chapter 21: The Grand Finale

It was a matter of time before the Finals begin and you still weren't found.
Yuri was filled with anxiety and uneasiness, it distracted him from the main goal of winning the Grand Prix Finals.
His mind was now set on you, his lover, his determination, his motivation, his EVERYTHING.
He didn't care if he lost the Finals, he just needed to see YOU.
He nervously taps his foot on the ground as he watched one of the skaters perform.

(Y/n)...where have you gone?
I'm worried about you...don't tell me you're...

He didn't want to say the word, it would trigger his emotions and make him cry right on the spot, right in front of the press, right in front of the whole world.
Viktor pats his back, then hugs him.

"Yuri...don't worry, I'm sure she's fine-"

"What if she's not, Viktor...? What if she doesn't come and watch my last performance...?
What if she's-"

...Viktor slaps the man, causing him to blush and hold his red cheek. Everyone in the press had saw his action, but the crowd kept paying attention to the ice skater who continued performing on the ice.
Viktor grips Yuri's shoulders, staring into his brown eyes with his crystal blue ones.

"Yuri, I know you're worried about (Y/n), I'm worried about her too...but-"

"Viktor! Yuri!"
(*^▽^*)

It was Veronica, who was running towards the two with her arms out, smiling.
Viktor smiles, then hugs his sister.

"Veronica! Have you found her...?"
(✿☉。☉)

"Yes! But she has a flu and can't make it unfortunately...I took her back to the hotel room so don't worry"
(^ω^)

Yuri overheard the conversation, he sprung from his seat.

"(Y-Y/n)? I-Is she alright?"

"Yes! She's sick though so she won't be able to make it...she did wish you luck on your last performance, Yuri"
(^_^)

"Oh..."

Yuri felt heartbroken.
He didn't expect you to be sick and miss out on his performance...
You promised him the previous night that you would watch him glow on that stage and you would cheer for him as he made his jumps and win that gold medal.
The memory of your promise to him was still fresh in his mind...

Well if she's really that sick...I won't make her come. What kind of lover would I be if I forced her to come out while being in a weak state?
A bad one, that is...

"Yuri, you're up"

Viktor whispers to Yuri, snapping him out of his thoughts.
He nods, then gets ready for his final performance...
You banged on the tv screen, tears flowing down your face as your legs felt numb and broken.

"Yuri! Yuri!"

You called his name out, but he can't hear you.
You were on the other side of the screen and your cries will never be heard.

(Y/n)...I hope you're watching this somewhere...that would at least make me happy.

Yuri thought as the soft tune of the piano began playing...you recognized this song: It was "Yuri On Ice".
You kept crying out his name as he then gracefully skates to the tune of the song, you could hear the wind howling too...

(Y/n), it's different when you're not here...way too different for me.
I want to see you in the audience...smiling at me.

Quadruple toe loop, double toe loop.
He performed them perfectly.
His childhood memories began to flash in front of him...

You were always there beside me as I would try making a jump...and I would always fall on that jump.
You would always giggle and hold out your hand...telling me to never give up. No, you always ordered me to never give up!

A quadruple salchow...perfect.

You would always teach me how to do the jumps right, you were like my own personal coach...even better than Yuuko.

A triple flip...he changed it from the triple loop.

But one day when I arrived at the Ice Castle...you weren't there.
I waited for you...but you never came...until this year.
(Y/n)...you've grown up so fast. I still feel like I'm the wimpy, geek kid that I was when I was little...
But you still love me for me...

A triple axel...and a quadruple toe loop.
Flawless.

(Y/n)...I'm going to win this for you, even though you're not here...I want to show you how worthy I am, how I've changed, how you changed me!

Triple axel, single loop, triple salchow.
Triple lutz, triple toe loop.
Landing on all of these with success.
And finally...a quadruple flip.
It was...amazing.
His performance has ended...but alas, he still didn't see you in the front where you would always sit and watch him...he felt tears fill up his brown eyes, but he had to be strong, like you.
You banged on the screen one last time before dropping to the cement ground, panting.
You sobbed as you covered your (e/c) eyes.

Yuri...I'm sorry...I missed your very last performance...Yuri I'm sorry...
I love you...I hope you know that by now.