Chapter 20: Traitor

You and Veronica were nowhere to be seen...you two just disappeared from that hotel room like it was nothing.
When Viktor and Yuri arrived late that night, they didn't know where you two ran off to. It worried them, a lot.
Yuri shakes in his shoes, biting his nails as he kept pacing around the room.

"V-V-Viktor...w-we have to do something. W-what if (Y/n) is in trouble?"
(/。\)

"Let me just call my sweet sister! She always picks up! Maybe she'll know where your sweet lover (Y/n) is~"
(¬ω¬)

Viktor smirks as he dials Veronica's number and puts the phone on his ear.
After 2 rings, she spoke.

"Oh! Viktor! My favorite brother in the world! What's up?~"
(*^ワ^*)

"Veronica, have you seen (Y/n) anywhere? She's...missing"

Viktor whispers the last part while Yuri was distracted from his nervous breakdown.
He didn't want to admit to Yuri that his lover was possibly missing, it would scare Yuri before the Finals.
Veronica whistles.

"Woo...unfortunately I haven't seen her come back to the hotel room...I thought she was still with you guys so I just went to my boyfriends house~"
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Geez, you're such a bad girl~"

Viktor teases his sister while Yuri was blushing in the background, accidentally hearing what Viktor just said.
Veronica giggles then her voice became serious.

"I'll try looking for her around the city...maybe she's sightseeing"

"Oh thank you so much Veronica! Me and Yuri will-"
(*^▽^*)

"No need to search for her, I can handle it on my own...you know I'm very good at finding things~"

"O-oh! Okay then...good luck and call us if there's anything new!"

Viktor then hangs up the phone and sighs, facing his student. He puts his hands together, his face filled with both happiness and concern.

"Veronica will try finding (Y/n), don't worry! She said she'll call us too! But we're both pretty sure (Y/n) just went sightseeing again"

"Why would she go sightseeing by herself then? Why hasn't she come back to the hotel room yet? I know for sure she was tired yesterday when I took her..."

Yuri lowers his eyes, feeling scared and depressed.
He wanted to see you again...but now, you might possibly be missing, just like Viktor whispered on the phone earlier.

If she's missing, won't she be okay?
I mean...she is a First Class rank officer, I'm sure she's tough and smart to get out of a situation like that...

Yuri had to search for you, he had to see if you were definitely okay and safe and sound in his arms...
But he couldn't, the Finals were about to begin...

The sound of water dripping to the floor can be heard as your (e/c) eyes fluttered open, your body feeling numb and stiff as a board.
You shake your head and examine the room you were held in, your vision now becoming clear.
...You knew for sure that you were in a very dark place.
It appeared to be a basement of some sort, because you spotted stairs that lead to a door, with a bright light peeking through the crack.
There was also a lightbulb shining above you, providing you with some little light.

What the hell is going on here...?
All I can remember is-

You realized that Veronica, Viktor's sweet but annoying sister, has brought you here after you fell asleep at the hotel room.
You growl and clench your fists.

"Veronica! VERONICA! WHERE ARE YOU, YOU TRAITOR?!"

You screamed to the top of your lungs. You then heard giggles coming from the darkness of the other side of the room and who stepped into the light? Veronica, of course.
She smirks down at you as she combs her slender fingers through her long silver hair.

"Ah~ I see you're finally awake~"
(*^^*)

"Where am I? Why the hell are you doing this?! Viktor! Yuri!"

"They won't hear you from here...they're all the way back at the hotel, worrying about you~
I told them that I would call them if I found you, so don't worry. As of now, they should worry about the Finals..."
(¬ω¬)

"Yuri will worry about me, not the stupid Finals...I know him very well, he's always been worried about me from the start...now what's your plan? Why did you bring me here...?"

Veronica laughs as she puts a hand on her chest, then she smirks at you as she suddenly steps on your hand, causing you to flinch in pain.

"I shall tell you why later...right now, I need to make it to the Finals so I could pick Yuri up~"

"What...?"

"Fufu~ I'm wasting my time here with you scum...but just before I leave, I want to make sure you never escape...so I brought this~"

She then takes out a huge sledgehammer from behind her back, giggling.
You shudder, wondering what she was going to do with it.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you~ I'm simply going to prevent you from running away~"

She then raises the sledgehammer above one of your legs, menacingly laughing.
You shake your head, your adrenaline rushing through your veins.

"NO WAIT!"

...She quickly lowers it and hits your leg, pain shooting up your whole body.
You screamed, banging your fists on the ground, gritting your teeth from the pain. She then smashed your other leg, more pain surrounding you.
Your legs have felt crushed...they hurt.
You look up at Veronica, weakened.
Veronica tsks.

"Poor (Y/n)...you won't be able to skate now..."

This...this bitch...this traitor.

Veronica turns on the tv in the corner of the room, then climbs up the stairs, waving her hand.

"I better get going then~ Don't worry though, you'll be able to watch the Finals on television~"

Before she closed the door, she gasps.

"Oh! I'll tell Yuri you wished him luck on his performance...his very last performance~"

She chuckles...then the door closes, leaving you there in the quiet basement with nothing but the tv to keep your company.