Chapter 18: A Skate to Remember

"(Y-Y/n)! U-umm, I-I was thinking about taking you sightseeing and shopping today! Hehe..."
(*/ω\*)

You weren't a fond of shopping, but you did want to look around the beautiful lit city of Barcelona.
You smile as you rise from bed.

"Heh, okay~"

After getting dressed in your usual uniform, you and Yuri then held hands as you two walked out of the hotel and onto the paved streets.
The weather was nice, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping.
You two shopped around, buying some new clothes, some delicious snacks and then you took some photos of the cities famous sites.
After sightseeing for hours, you two didn't realize it was already nighttime until the lights turned on, lighting up the streets.
You sat on a nearby bench, rubbing your sweaty forehead.

"Man...that was fun...I haven't had this much fun since I left for the military..."

"W-well I-I knew you would like it! Hehe...umm (Y-Y/n)? I'm going to go to one shop, stay here!"
\(///Σ///)\

He said before placing a kiss on your cheek and ran off in a different direction.
As you patiently wait for him, you examined the area and then found the ice rink far off in the distance...
You felt like ice skating again.
Once Yuri comes back huffing and puffing, you took his hand, earning a surprised gasp from him.

"W-what's wrong, (Y/n)?"

"Yuri...I want to ice skate again...follow me"

He shyly nods, then you two ran straight to the ice rink, where it was empty and no one was inside.
You grab two skates from the counter and push the pair into Yuri's chest, causing him to blush.

"(Y-Y/n)-"

"Trust me Yuri..."

You reassure him while tying your laces.
You took off your jacket and green beret, while Yuri kept his jacket and scarf on.
You then took a step on the ice...and push yourself onto it, slowly skating to the middle, Yuri following you.
You take out your phone and put on a song, a song that you loved ever since you were young...
"Pas de Deux" by P. Tchaikovsky.
As the soft tune of the harp and cellos began, you slowly made graceful arm gestures and began drifting on the ice, smiling at Yuri who was just watching you.
You beckon him to join you, but he shyly shook his head as he blushed.
He loved watching you skate, so he didn't want to mess it up if he joined in.
You pout, then performed a double axel, followed by a triple axel, making him smile.

Yuri...I want you to skate with me. It's not fun skating by myself, you know?
Let's go back to our childhood when we used to be skating partners...

You grab his hand and guide him through the ice, never letting go.
You were skating backwards and he was skating forwards.
You let go for a brief second to do a quick salchow, then doing a double salchow after that.
Yuri was impressed to see you like this...
It made him happy and glad to see you smiling again.

(Y/n)...you're smiling again. It's like our childhood once again...
I want to skate with you like this everyday...

Soon, you and Yuri begin performing multiple spins and jumps, smiling and laughing at each other when you both succeed. You two followed to the beat of the classical music and the more you two skated...the more love that built up inside of you.

(Y/n)...this is the real you I see in front of me right now...this is the (Y/n) I fell in love with ever since you joined ice skating...

Yuri...I want to be with you forever...I'm never going to leave ice skating again and it's all thanks to you.

You jump into his arms as he slowly spins you, blushing and staring into your (e/c) eyes as you did the same.
The music then ends, while you and Yuri held each other.
Yuri kisses your lips, the softly smiles.

"(Y/n)...there's one more place I have to take you"

"Okay"

It was a matter of time before you two find yourselves in the famous Barcelona church, the choir singing with joy and cheer.
You couldn't believe what was happening in front of you right there: Yuri was slowly taking off your glove and placing a ring on your ring finger, his hands shaking while doing so.
He then stares into your eyes, a tint of pink appearing on his cheeks.

"(Y/n), I know this is all too sudden but I wanted to do this...ever since you came back to Hasetsu, I've been thinking about you nonstop. I have never forgot about you all those years you've been gone...
I always kept you inside my heart, no matter what. That's why I never had any lovers until you came back.
I wanted you to be my only lover...
You're my motivation, my determination and I want to thank you for being there for me during the series...
S-s-so will you do me the honor of marrying me and being my wife? I-It's fine if you don't want to...I understand if I went too fast on this"

His voice trails off as he lowered his eyes, avoiding eye contact with yours.
Your mouth was open with surprise, you never expected Yuri Katsuki, your own old friend and lover to propose like this.

Yuri...Yuri wants to marry me?
Man...this is...unexpected. Usually Yuri would be really shy and flustered about these things, but he's proposing for me...

With that thought, you took the other golden ring and slipped it through his finger, earning a surprised look from him. He stares at you while you smiled brightly at him.

"Yuri Katsuki...I accept~"

And with those words, he smiles...and you two share a kiss as the choir softly ends their carol.