Chapter 5: Suspicions

"VKUSNOOOOO!~"
(*^▽^*)

The Russian man shouts while eating the dish in front of him, Katsudon.
You and Yuri sat across from him, watching this man gobbling down the delicious food.
Yuri whispers in your ear while you kept your eyes on the stranger.

"He's here...he's actually here, in my home, eating Katsudon right in front of us..."
(๑°o°๑)

"Who is this man?"

"Wait, you don't know him? He's Viktor Nikiforov! The most famous ice skater of all! He's won gold medals, he's won many competitions..."

"I never watched an ice skating competition before...In fact, I never watched television while in the military force, it distracts me from my missions..."

He stares at you with disbelief. Yuri has never met anyone who didn't know who Viktor Nikiforov was...
Every girl knew about him except you.
Viktor then lets out a burp, rubbing his stomach in satisfaction.

"Ah!~ That was amazing!~"
(*^ワ^*)

"W-Well glad you liked it! Hehe..."
(^^ゞ

You cross your arms, squinting your eyes on Viktor.
Something was suspicious about this man to you...the same question kept repeating in your mind ever since you met him.

Could this man be my parents murderer?

He seemed innocent though, perhaps too innocent...
It always the quiet ones, from what you've learned before.
But who else's strand of silver hair was it you found by your parents side? It clearly wasn't your mother's or your father's...
This had to be the man, it had to be and you were determined to get the secret out of him...
Yuri continues speaking with him.

"So what do you mean you'll become my new coach?"
(。・o・。)

"I mean that I'm going to be your coach for the next Grand Prix Series! That's all there is to it!~"
(^_-)≡★

Yuri blushed from Viktor's sexy wink, he was now becoming a stuttering and blushing mess.
You however weren't affected by it, it was just a plain wink to you, every man you met has done it...well except Yuri Katsuki.
Yuri was never the flirting type.
You grip Yuri's shoulder, whispering inside his ear again.

"Katsuki, I don't trust this man...he's seems too suspicious..."

"H-Huh? W-Whatever do you mean-"

"I don't want you to easily trust him...even though he's a famous skater like you said, I feel like he's linked to...something, something huge."

You weren't going to tell Yuri about your parents murder, in fact, you never told anyone about your parents murder. The only people who knew about it were Yuuko and Takeshi, your closest friends in the past, who never told little Yuri.
They knew that he would probably be affected by it, considering he had a heart of glass and was very sensitive about these kinds of things.
You didn't want to break his spirit, because it would distract him from achieving his ice skating dream.
Yuri blinks at you, puzzled.

"H-Huh? Something-"
(◎_◎;)

"Yuri! Go fix up Viktor's room! He's going to need a place to sleep, you know!"

It was Yuri's older sister, Mari-Chan.
Yuri quickly scrambles to his feet, fiddling with his glasses.

"C-C-Coming! Just hangout here you two! I'll be right back!"
(^^;)

As Yuri follows Mari-Chan out of the room, it was just you and Viktor,
a Russian and a soldier.
You stared into his crystal blue eyes, chewing your bottom lip while feeling uneasiness.
Viktor notices this and rests his hand on yours.

"Hey, are you alright-"
(^_^)

You slap his hand away, growling.
Viktor was taken aback by your action, no one has ever acted this way towards him before...usually the girls would swoon over him.
You however were different, way different than the others.
He then noticed the uniform you wore and the beret that sat upon your head...
He smirks.

"Oh~ I see that you're a soldier and first class too~ What soldier like you is doing here in Hasetsu?~"

"...I used to live here many years ago before I joined the military..."

"Ah~ Well I'm assuming you're on break then?~ Vacation perhaps?~"

"It has nothing to do with you so stay out of my business..."

You sternly spoke to him. His eyes widened at your response, but then he chuckles. He rests his head on both his hands, smiling at you, which you never returned.

"A tough soldier I see~ I'd watch that tone of yours if I were you...you might end up getting punished~"

Is this man hinting at something? Is he threatening me? Does he really think I'm afraid of him? No...I'm not a little girl anymore, I'm not a coward anymore...

You stood up from your seat and get into an empowering stance.
You cross your arms, delivering him a look of distrust.

"You better listen to me and you better listen well...no matter how nice you are, how kind you are and how fair you are, I'm never going to trust you...and if you do anything to Yuri, we both will have problems, do I make myself clear?"

All he did was smirk at you, his eyes never leaving yours. His answer was surprising.

"Heh, okay~ No matter, I only care about my student's trust, not yours, (L/n)~ I do hope we get along during these long months and mark my words, you mess with me, you'll regret it~"

Viktor then gets up from his seat, gives you a sly smile and turns his back to leave, a cold silence forming between you two...